- 04. 𝗔𝗻𝘀𝘄𝗲𝗿 𝗞𝗲𝘆 -

Start from the beginning

The two walked up the stairs before reaching a classroom that had the label 'Mrs. Bae' above it. "Let's make this quick," Sunghoon said before getting out the bobby pin from earlier and unlocking the door. The two entered the cold room and went to their teacher's desk. "I've got left you've got right," Sunghoon commanded Jake referring to the side of the desk they'd look through. Jake simply nodded and opened the first drawer.

The drawer contained things like a stapler with extra staples, paperclips, whiteout, chalk, and more. The two were quietly looking through their teacher's belongings when they heard a muffled sound outside. "Stop moving," Sunghoon whispered causing Jake to freeze. 'Are we caught? Please don't tell me we're caught. My dad is literally gonna kill me if he finds out. Please lord no.' Jake panicked in his head. "Shit, it's raining," Sunghoon cursed under his breath. Jake was relieved it was only raining. Only lord knows what would've happened if the two had gotten caught. "Continue searching," Sunghoon said opening the third drawer the second to last one on his side.

BOOM!

Jake jumped at the sudden sound. It was a sound all too familiar. He started shaking a bit but didn't want to show it so he continued looking through the drawers slowly.

BOOM!

It did it again but this time it was even louder. Words couldn't describe how scared the young male was. He couldn't hold it in anymore after the third rumble of thunder. He started crying. He backed himself up into the corner and started crying in his knees. Sunghoon didn't notice until around a minute after he started crying. He heard his quiet sniffles. "Y-you okay?" He asked his heart slightly breaking at the scene. "C-can you hold my h-hand?" Jake said in between his cries. "There's no way in hell I'm holding your hand," Sunghoon said stubbornly. "P-please?" Jake pleaded causing Sunghoon to oblige almost instantly. He slowly walk up to the older and took his hand in his as he sat down beside him.

"Wanna talk?" Sunghoon asked, his voice soft and welcoming. Jake shook his head no in response. Sunghoon understood and didn't ask him any more questions. The two sat there in silence for the next few minutes. Only the sound of Jake's sobs and the sound of the rain falling could be heard. Jake jumped a few times whenever it would thunder. Sunghoon concluded that Jake was scared of thunder. He never left his side and sat there holding the older's hand.

"W-what time is it?" Jake asked, his voice quieter than a whisper. Sunghoon took out his phone and saw it was 12:02. "It's twelve," He said not too loudly. "I have t-to go h-home," Jake said getting up abruptly. "I can take you home if you'd like," Sunghoon offered. "Thank you, but you can't, sorry," Jake said before running out of the classroom. "Jake, wait!" Sunghoon said getting up to chase the older but when he looked down the hall he couldn't see him, he couldn't hear his footsteps either. Sunghoon sighed before going back into the classroom.

As much as he wanted to make sure Jake was okay he also had to get the answers. He hadn't studied for anything over the past few months and he knew he'd fail if he didn't. He opened the bottom drawer and saw a bunch of papers. He took them out and looked through them until he saw one labeled the same way as what was written on the board, except the paper had Answer Key written on it in a bold font. He quickly took it out and snapped a picture of it. He then put everything back where it was before. He was about to leave when he saw a black object on the floor where Jake just was. He picked it up and saw that it was a hair tie. He assumed it was Jake's and put it in his pocket to give to him on Monday. He then walked out of the classroom locking it before closing the door and going home.

Jake was running as fast as he could down the hallway. He almost fell a couple of times but made it outside safe. He hated leaving the younger alone but he did not want to get into more trouble than what he had already gotten himself into. He ran through the rain getting completely soaked in the cloud's tears. Theirs mixed with his running down his face. He didn't stop running until he got home. He hesitantly opened the door, his whole body trembling in fear.

"Where the fuck was your ass?!" He heard as soon as he opened the door. "I was t-taking a w-walk," Jake said feeling his throat close up. "A walk, really?! How fucking dumb do you think I am?!" His father shouted at the top of his lungs. "Where were you?!" Mr. Sim asked in a threatening tone. "I w-was w-ith a f-friend," Jake stuttered. His tears were falling at a rapid speed. "Your worthless ass doesn't have any friends! Nobody wants you! Not even that stupid mother of yours!" He shouted. The words he said caused Jake's heart to break. "S-she did w-want m-me," Jake said as he sobbed uncontrollably. "That's what you think! She told me EVERY. LITTLE. THING! SHE HATED YOU! ARE YOU THAT BLIND?! NOBODY FUCKING WANTS YOU! YOU'RE A WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT. I SHOULD'VE GIVEN YOU AWAY A LONG TIME AGO! GET OUT OF MY FUCKING FACE AND CRY YOURSELF A RIVER YOU FUCKING PUSSY!"

Jake couldn't believe what he had just said. He knew it wasn't true but it still hurt him. He stood there in shock.

"I SAID GET OUT OF MY FACE!" Mr. Sim shouted in the boy's face as he picked him up and threw him across the room. Jake instantly got up and limped a bit to his room. He closed the door and locked it hearing his father get another beer can from out of the fridge. He sat there on the floor his back against the door crying, crying, and crying. 'Nobody wants me. I'm a worthless piece of shit. I shouldn't still be here.' Jake said to himself in his head over and over. His hand made its way over to his left arm. He pulled down his sleeve just to see that the elastic tie wasn't there anymore. He started crying more seeing it wasn't there. He then got up and pulled out something from under his mattress.

It was an X-Acto knife. He made it to where the blade was completely out and put it to his wrist on a bare spot where there wasn't a scratch. He bit onto his shirt before pushing it down and moving the blade towards the right. He winced at the pain before stopping. Blood started to rapidly pour out of his wrist. He quickly got a dirty shirt that was on the floor and put it on his wound. He then got up and found a bandaid and put it on. It hurt badly but at least a bit of the pain his father inflicted on him went away.
.
.
.

1887 words