Marriage

I think south asian marriages are like a death sentence for a woman.

With high cases of murder and abuse of brides by their in laws, it's very important to realise how awful marriages here are.

I think most marriages here not even about love, it's about caste, religion, financial status, skin colour and what not.

Because yes, these are the deciding factors in a marriage and especially an arranged marriage.

As for love marriages, my mother used to say, "The man you might love might be a good person but not necessarily his family. And he will always put the family he grew up in before you"

First of all, Marriage and children are a must for every girl in this society. After marriage a girl leaves her house to live with her husband's family whom she has to serve for the rest of her life staying locked inside.

I saw many dowry related death case around me and also many women abused by their husbands and in laws.

How is it so common? And how come no one talks about it?

I couldn't help but hate the idea of marriage and give up on it.

Recently there was a guy I liked. He was hot, he was cute and he made me very fucking happy.

But the moment I came to know about his background or his family, I knew it was never going to work.

Basically, judging from the place he's from, it is infamous for a lot of crimes against women.

Then again maybe I shouldn't be stereotypical but the culture and mindset of where you are staying affects you a lot.

And even if he's not like that, his family might be.

I know it was never going to work and started distancing myself from him.

But when I saw him with another girl I really couldn't take it...

Maybe I brought this up on myself...

I crave for intimacy but get scared of it.

It's stupid but then again what else could I have done?

There was a part of me which wanted to have him but there was a part of me which knew I should stop before it gets too deep.

And I had to.

But it really hurt.

It hurt a lot to see him happy with another girl without me.

But then again maybe it's just the ways of life.

Rejection is only just redirection