Book 5: Night of a Thousand Stars

Start from the beginning

Mako: I am not a criminal!

Bolin: Of course I know that, but you do kinda look like one, cause you're in a jail and that's where criminals live.

Mako: I was set up! Varrick knew I had figured out he was hiring gangsters to pose as Northern soldiers to get Republic City to join the war. That's why he had me arrested.

Bolin: Ah, I see what you're doing. You're going for the insanity defense. Smart.

Mako: No! I'm trying to tell you that Varrick isn't what he seems. Where's Asami? She'll listen to me.

Bolin: I asked her to come, but she said it was too hard for her. You being in jail like this reminds her of her dad. Okay, gotta run, but I'll be back tomorrow. And I am gonna get you the best attorney fame and fortune can buy.

Mako: Bolin, wait. If my theory about Varrick is right, something might go down tonight at your premiere. Promise me you'll keep your eyes peeled.

Bolin: Yeah, okay, big brother. I promise. Whew! That insanity defense is definitely gonna work.
============================

Cut to aerial shot of Wolf Cove. Rebels view the capital city from atop a nearby mountain. Close-up of Tonraq and rebel leader.

Leader: Should we wait another day? Korra and Ryu still might come with reinforcements.

Tonraq: We can't wait any longer. It's time to take back what is ours! It's time to take back our city!

Rebels: Yeah!

Rebels bend sheets of ice on which they slide down the mountain. Northern Water Tribe soldier in a nearby watchtower notices them and rings a warning bell. Cut to Northern reinforcements being mobilized.

Aerial shot of Pro-bending Arena, before cutting to a large poster of Ginger and Nuktuk hanging above the main entrance. Pan downward showing the doors and a crowd of people as a Satomobile limousine arrives. Cut to a shot of a photographer with some children having their picture taken with Juji and Roh-Tan.

Photographer: Say "Nuktuk"!

Bolin and Ginger step out of the limo, arm-in-arm; cut to a side shot of the two walking into the arena.

Shiro Shinobi: There they are folks. The sweethearts of the big screen, and Republic City's most famous couple, Bolin and Ginger.

He walks inside with Ginger; frontal shot of both.

Bolin: Wow, that was fun! And did you hear what Shiro said? We're Republic City's most famous couple.

Ginger: Bolin, you're a doll, but you're as dumb as the rocks you bend. We are not a couple.

Bolin: That's not what Shiro said!

Close-up of Gang shoving a Varri-cake in his mouth outside of the arena, which zooms out to include Lu in the shot. Lin steps into the shot from the side.

Lin: Stop stuffing your mustaches with Varri-cakes and get to your post!

Gang: You got it, boss.

Lin: You two are the pinnacle of refinement.

Raiko and his wife step out of the limo; frontal of both.

Shiro Shinobi: This star-studded event just keeps getting star-studdier folks. President Raiko and the First Lady Buttercup Raiko just arrived!

Far shot of both as Varrick approaches them.

Shiro Shinobi: and they're being greeted by entrepreneur extraordinaire Varrick.