Chapter 12

I was standing inside a dorm where three boys were talking. One of them had the oddest color eyes. They were turquoise and he was trying hard not grin as another boy, a brunette moved to sit on his bed and said,” So you're cousin's coming next year to Viola?”

“Jia is off limits,” The boy sitting near the desk snapped. His storm grey eyes glittered as he glared at each of the boys.

“Relax Roy, we won't do anything, we don't even know how she looks like,” the sandy haired boy replied with a grin.

“Jia?” I muttered. My surroundings then shifted to show a girl with curly brown hair. She was standing with a spear and twirling it over her head. I looked around and saw that she was standing in some kind of garden with stone sculptures everywhere. On top of one of them, two lizard looking things lay in the sun and I was shocked at how the girl wasn't running away from them. She was laughing at a woman who stood in front of her.

“Don't be reckless, Robin,” A woman said with a laugh.

“I make no promises,” The girl said as thunder boomed out of nowhere.

“Robin,” I said.

My surroundings then shifted again. This time, I was inside a bedroom, standing beside a bed where a girl with silver hair was sitting lotus style and her hands were crackling with lightning.

“Now that is magic,” I marveled at the pretty sight of her power.

There was natural lighting in the place and the room looked like something out of a Barbie movie. She must be rich or something. I focused on the girl again and found her really weird looking. Her eyes were blue.  Now that I've gotten a good look at her, she looks like Storm from X Men.

“I'm getting stronger ,mama,” she whispered to herself.

“Jia! Bolt!”

The girl looked up and her hands stopped crackling,” I'm coming!”

“Thalia! Lia!”

I frowned.

“Oracle?” I called out. I spun and searched the place for my cat. All I could see was pink clouds and purple skies.

“Something's happened! “Oracle said in my head,” You have to wake up! Now!”

I gasped as I sat up in my bed. I was still in the infirmary and Olive was standing in front of me. She turned when I sighed. She was in a blue robe and her hair was everywhere. Was there leaves in her hair?

“Hey,” Olive said as she joined me on the bed,” How you doing?”

I gulped, “I heard Oracle.”

“Your talking cat?” Olive asked as she blinked slowly. She then turned to Rachel as she stood from her desk, “What talking cat?”

“Her familiar,” Olive answered for me as I sat up straighter and tried calling out for her.

“You had a familiar?” Rachel asked. The tone in her voice made me stop and look at her. Her face had gone pale and I was afraid that she would faint.

“Yes,” I answered.

“That's really rare.”

“Is it?” Olive asked the two of us as he head swung between the two of us.

Rachel licked her lips and folded her arms as she explained, “From what little knowledge we have of witches, no of them have familiars anymore, such bonds were lost in time.”

Olive finally turned back to me, “You must have been some witch.”

I nodded, “I was odd, I hadn't declared what kind of witch I would be and I was the first in years to have a familiar, “I then shrugged,” That's what my Grams told me,” I then looked around the Infirmary to see that it was empty,” Anyway, when did you get back?”

“Just five minutes ago, Rachel told me you were here,” Olive answered.

“How long was I out?”

“An hour?”

I nodded.

“You said you heard your cat? Oracle? Was she in your dream?” Rachel asked.

Again, I nodded, “Yes, she was telling me to wake up because something was happening,”

“Odd.”

I rolled my eyes, “Don't remind me."

“Did she tell you exactly what was happening?”

I shook my head as I sighed.

“Maybe you'll figure it out in the morning,” Olive said as she held out her hand for e to take, “Let’s get you to bed,”

I took her hand, “Shouldn't I stay up here or go outside and patrol?”

“No, you're still new to the pack and plus you haven't joined the pack and linked to us, you'd be lost outside without the Pack Link.”

I nodded and accepted defeat. I stood from the bed as Rachel wished me a good night. Olive led me back to my room with a gentle arm through mine. The hallways were quiet but outside, I could people walking around and paws running through the ground. My werewolf hearing was really, really good to say the least.

As we rounded a corner, I realized that Olive had not come back with the guys. I cleared my throat and asked, “Where are the boys?”

“They're still outside with the other Pack Warriors,” Olive answered, “I told them that I was worried about you so Ashton sent me back in to put you at ease.”

“That's nice of him,” I said.

Olive chuckled, “Don't let Lana hear you say that,” She nudged me,” She might think you have a crush on him.”

“Don't worry, crushes are the last thing on my mind right now,” I assured her. They were the last thing on my mind right now.

Olive hid a smile,” We'll see.”

Once at my door, Olive left with the promise to see me tomorrow for breakfast.

“We'll most likely not have training in the morning because everyone will be taking caution,” Olive told me with a frown.

“Sounds good to me,” I said with a grin.

Olive shook her head and headed down the corridor for her room. I opened my door and switched on the light. Scanning it, I ran a hand through my hair before going over to my bed and falling backwards.

Turning to the left, I saw that my diary was still open. Sitting up, I pretended to jerk my head in effort to make the diary slam shut like it would if I still had my magic.

The diary slammed shut. I sat up straighter. Blinking, I rubbed my eyes twice and shook my head three times before pinching myself. I opened my eyes and looked at my diary. Slowly, I lifted my hand up with my palm open. Taking a deep breath, I tried to tap into my magic to make my book levitate.

It did.

The diary began to levitate and so did my excitement. As soon as it was up and at my eye level. I screamed with joy.

I screamed and jumped around my room spinning on my heels. I did my little happy dance and the diary plus my desk, chairs and my cap in response began to swirl around me and the quilt on my bed rose up to flap around me.

“Lia! What-  what the hell?!” Olive exclaimed as she threw open my door. She stopped and stepped back as I broke out in cheers at the display of my magic.

“My magic's back!” I told her. Behind her, Rachel stopped and I saw her eyes widened,” Rachel! My magic's back! It's back, it's back, it's back!”

I then moved to grab Olive's hand and drag her into my room so we could both dance. This was the best night of my life.

“My magic's back!” I exclaimed and Olive nodded in a daze as she watched everything in my room go crazy. Rachel shook her head before she stepped into my room and locked the door.

“Lia, I need you to dial down on the magic,” Rachel said.

I stopped dancing and everything froze, “W-why?”

“Because it's important,” Rachel stated. Olive nodded at me when I glanced at her.

“You won't stop me from using my magic, won't you?” I asked.

Rachel gave a smile, “Of course not, I won't ask you to not be you.”

Sighing, I made everything go back to their original places.

“Olive, go join the others,” Rachel instructed her as she came up to me and put her hands on my shoulders,” The two of us are going to see Marcus.”

I arched a brow, “The Alpha?”

“Yes, he'll need to know now.”

I groaned and tried not to roll my eyes. Why did we have to go now? I just wanted a little more time to celebrate my magic. Olive nodded and squeezed my hand before leaving but not before mouthing that ‘I need to see that again.’ I grinned before Rachel led me out of my room and down the hallways again. I was led into the Alpha's study where Marcus was there, already fully dressed in a black shirt and long trousers. He was standing at the window overlooking the forest with his back to us when we entered.

“What's wrong?” Marcus asked as we entered. Rachel made quick work of locking the door and before explaining what had just happened. She even added the part about Oracle.

Marcus rubbed his forehead, “Her magic is back?”

“Yes,” Rachel confirmed.

“How?” Marcus asked.

“I'm not sure.”

“Who cares how,” I said with a smile,” This is good news right?”

“It's bad news, “Marcus corrected me, “Very, very, bad news.”

I looked to Rachel before Marcus and then back to Rachel, “What does he mean?”

“Lia, the Witches could have been persuaded to let you live before but now that your both witch and werewolf? They won't stand to let you live,” Marcus answered instead which made me look to him again. I gulped and Rachel made me sit on one of the chairs in front of Marcus' desk before talking, “Many years ago, we had an incident where the Luna of an Apex Alpha fell in love and mated with a witch from Africa. The counsel of Witches then didn't want to have a baby so they came after her. Gave her the choice to take a drug that would make her barren.”

I blanched, “What? No,” I shook my head and tried to deny it,” The witches wouldn't do that. They cherish life.”

“They did,” Marcus told me, “We fought for three years trying to keep her safe until she died.”

“H-how did she…?”

“She was murdered,” Rachel answered gently.

“I'll need to call him here so he can assess you. Only he will know what to do now,” Marcus announced.

“He? Wait,” I held up my hand to show a time out sign,” This Apex Alpha is still alive?”

“Yes.”

Thank you for reading

Thank you for reading. The next update will be next week, Tuesday 21st March.