{1} - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐬

𝐈𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝. - 𝐍𝐨𝐛𝐮𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐚
___________________________________

You looked around the room, glancing at the stone stumps as well as the red rose petals that decorated the floors. On the wall was a switch that had already been activated. Toriel didn't say much but held a somber look on her face as you both walked by it. You could only imagine what caused her to feel this way. It was possibly this "other child" she mentioned when she first met you.

"The RUINS are filled with puzzles. You have to solve puzzles to get from room to room."

She taught.

You nodded at her words to show you were acknowledging them. You then noticed that you walked past several switches which seemed to already have been flipped.

* You ask Toriel about the switches.

"You do not have to worry about those, my child. Just think of them as references for future puzzles you might encounter."

Your speed suddenly picked up once you made it into the next room. This caused you to almost drop Flowey, who screamed at you not even a moment later.

"You better not drop me! I swear I'll-"

Flowey stopped for a moment, his eyes trailing off to the side. You wondered what he was looking at, and once you saw, you completely understood why he stopped. In the corner of the room was a mangled up dummy. The stuffing seemed to be coming out of it almost everywhere.

* You ask Toriel abou-

"Let's hurry forward, my child."
She spoke over you and soon enough, you made it to the next room. It was clear she did not wish to speak about it, but that didn't mean you were going to stay clueless.

In the next room, it had vines that decorated the walls as if it was some sort of wallpaper. It reached further down into the RUINS, and you were curious... until Toriel let go of your hand.

"I'm going to leave you here for a bit. Just down this hallway. I will wait for you on the other side."

* You ask Toriel what would happen if you got lost.

"Do not worry, my child. I will guide you if you ever turn the wrong way. I just wonder if you can be safe and alone."

She walked away from you, seemingly just around the corner and behind something. Once she was gone, you and Flowey looked at each other. No words were exchanged, but you both came to some sort of telepathic agreement. Though, Flowey decided to say it aloud.

"Something's fishy."

* You asked Flowey if someone had come to him before you.

"...Why would I tell you? I don't owe you anything, especially after you pulled me out the ground!"

You remained silent for a moment before you aggressively grabbed one of Flowey's petals.

* You threatened to rip Flowey's petals one by one if he did not tell you.

"Okay, okay! What's your problem!?"

You have a gentle tug and smiled, causing the flower to shake in nervousness.

"Yeah, there was another human before you. I didn't get the chance to kill them because TORIEL attacked me."

* You asked what the human looked like.