"Sorting out some data over there," I followed where he'd been pointing at. Lora was quite busy so Dalton would have to stick with us.

With Grey too.

"Alright," I turned my back towards him but Jordan held me back by my hand, assessing me.

"Is something wrong?" I shook my head immediately that he looked all the more suspicious, "are you sure?" I nodded vigorously and added a smile.

"I'm just hungry," It was still a surprise that I hadn't eaten yet. It was already over eight hours.

"Sorry, I forgot to bring in your burgers," Jordan rushed to the table on the left as he ruffled through the bags. He'd probably forgotten after giving everyone their share.

"It's okay," I took the bags from him as he picked up the carton and books he'd been carrying earlier.

I turned to look at him when he started following me, giving him a questioning brow. "My share is still in there," he rolled his eyes at me as if offended.

Laughing away, Jordan followed closely behind as he tried stacking the books into the carton while still catching up with me.

I knew the real reason why he'd followed me. It was because of Grey. Jordan didn't seem to approve of our friendship. I didn't understand why the two never seemed to like each other.

I hoped that Leila and Louis wouldn't react that way too. I had been very proud of making a new friend on my own and so far Grey was very nice towards me.

I opened the back door to Dalton laughing as he tried to reach for something in Grey's hand that was stretched above his head.

Grey was seated on the couch and Dalton stretched beside him, trying to catch what was in Grey's hand. His face was neutral as he played with Dalton and I found myself smiling.

The door creaked as Jordan pushed his way through since I'd been obstructing him from coming in.

Dalton's laughter died down as he turned our way and Grey quickly dropped his hand and he sat straighter on the couch.

His eyes hardened when he spotted Jordan behind me that I could see his jaw tick in anger. The bridge of his nose also wrinkled distastefully as he looked at him.

I brought the burgers forward that he turned his focus on me and the creases on his forehead died down and his furrowed eyebrows straightened as he watched me unwrap all the burgers.

"Elle, I want this one." Dalton pointed at his favorite one after I'd added some sauce.

"Of course it's yours," I handed it to him after folding the sleeves of his shirt before he ended up messing himself further.

"Thank you," he took a bite then turned to his left side. "Elle, can I share mine with Grey?" Dalton had just taken his first bite.

I shook my head then took out another bagel, "Have this one," I handed him my treat though I didn't add any sauce in his. He probably ate his plainly.

Grey didn't say anything as he took the burger though he tilted his head down slightly in acknowledgement.

I ruffled around for my purse to get my phone. It took a while because I always ended up leaving everything everywhere but luckily Jordan came back with it.

"Your bag is here," I gratefully took it from him then pointed at his burger. Jordan took his share and left as soon as Lora called from the front.

"Mama is busy now," I knelt down before Dalton when I saw him turn to her voice. He was a mama's boy and he always wanted to be in her vicinity.