Chapter Twelve - Vincere aut mori

Start from the beginning

''I did say my sister, will visit and I wanted you to meet her'' James said as he tickled Ava's stomach and cheerful giggles spread across the room.

''I remember. Just some pre warning would have been nice''

''I did try at the fair'' He smirked.

''Oh..'' Fallon rolled her eyes and mentally slapped herself for interrupting him back then.

''You guys went to the fair?! I want to gooo..'' Ethans voice trailed off and he pulled on Fallons hand nearly toppling her over.

''We can go tomorrow young man'' Jame looked down at him and tried not to laugh at Fallons face as she was trying to steady herself from the small boys yanking.

''She has great taste Jamie!'' Rebecca walked into the living room with a wine glass and wobbling the bottle of wine that Fallon brought in.

''Why do you think I like her so much'' James wined at Fallon.

Fallon felt her cheeks burn up slightly, but before she could process it Ethan yanked her towards the sofa. She wobbled and took a seat, Ethan quickly climbed onto it and sat down next to her. With James following suit and sitting down on the other side, he extended his arm over behind Fallons head and started drawing little circles on her shoulder. Making all her sense come to life.

Rebecca filled the wine glass nearly to the brim and handed it over to Fallon.

''So Fallon I hear you run a hotel business?'' She asked and took a sip of her own wine.

''Thank you'' She took the glass from her and sipped it. ''Yes, I own four hotels across Manhattan and Brooklyn at the moment.''

''Oh wow that sounds like a lot of work'' Rebecca sat herself down in the arm chair she was in before.

''I have my best friend and business partner Natasha help me with it'' She smiled and shrugged. ''Plus hard work never scared me, however Natasha really is the one that overlooks the hotels now. I spend more time investing into clubs and other businesses''

''Ohh clubs! Now I like the sound of that! Will have to show me round some point!'' Rebecca wiggled in her seat. She had a very much careless go easy attitude. Very different to James. She was bubbly and easily excitable. Two opposites.

''Yes, New Yorks elite clubs can be very fun on the right night'' Fallon smiled at her, and took a sip of her drink. ''What about you? What do you do?''

''I run a cyber security company'' Rebecca spoke softly. ''You know all the boring tech stuff'' She pulled a face as she crossed her legs over.

I guess being smart is also a requirement in this family.

Fallon glanced over to James with a raised eyebrow. If Rebecca works in cyber security it means she could potentially dig up the files of Fallons past. Which, is something he hasn't mentioned to her. A slight pit settled at the bottom of her stomach. She took another sip of her drink to try and drown that down.

The plan was to tell James, but him finding out from someone else made her feel uneasy.

''And I go to school!'' Ethan chirped up looking between all the adults making everyone laugh from his outburst.

''I'm just going to check on the dinner'' James stood up and placed Ava down, she went back to the colouring that was spread out on the black glass coffee table. She crossed her little legs over and stuck her tongue out for concentration as she started to colour in, mainly outside the lines.

James walked off to the kitchen and Fallon watched him. His muscles rippling in the black Henley that he wore, the black jeans complimented his ass perfectly. The muscular thighs definitely cannot be forgotten.