Chapter 55 - The Next Step

Start from the beginning

Giyuu didn't respond, and Aoi laughed in victory.

"See girls, he has given up. Giyuu I officially diagnose you with love sickness." Aoi said.

The butterfly girls clapped and cheered for Aoi as she bowed to her crowd. After playing jokes a little bit longer Aoi sent the girls out to complete their chores for the day, leaving her alone with her former teacher.

"Don't worry, I think it's adorable, who would have thought you would be so clingy, she'll only be gone a couple of days at the most." Aoi said.

"I did not think it would be so different." Giyuu admitted.

"She is your first love, and she is also your partner of course you miss her. You're also so out of touch with your emotions so of course you didn't see the feelings coming." Aoi said with a small laugh.

"I guess you're right." Giyuu relented.

"How about we get up and get ready for the day, it's time for the next stage of your training." Aoi said.

Giyuu stood up out of bed and walked carefully behind Aoi.

"How's the walking going? I noticed you're not using the handrails anymore." Aoi noted.

"I am able to walk without pain, I still cannot move freely though." Giyuu explained.

"That is good, may I make a suggestion?" Aoi asked.

"Of course." Giyuu answered.

"Set yourself small goals. I know you're worried about getting back to full duty but as I'm sure you're aware that is still very far away. So set small goals that you can push towards." Aoi suggested.

"I see, like what?" Giyuu asked.

"Well there's some obvious ones. For example, walk the entirety of the mansion without using the handrails." Aoi said.

"I think I get it." Giyuu replied.

"What were you thinking of?" Aoi asked.

"To be able to walk at a normal speed at least to the kitchen." Giyuu said.

"That's a good one. May I make another suggestion?" Aoi asked.

"What is it?" Giyuu asked.

"There's a festival in a month, it's to celebrate the migration if the butterflies as they flee the colder climates." Aoi said.

"Okay." Giyuu said, not understanding.

"Soooo, why don't you make it a goal that you are able to walk around so that you can attend the festival." Aoi suggested.

"But I don't attend festivals." Giyuu said.

Aoi deadpanned at her former teacher's dense nature and took a deep breath.

"But you know who does like to attend festivals?" Aoi asked.

"Who?" Giyuu asked, still unaware of what Aoi was trying to explain.

"Shinobu-sama." Aoi answered.

"Oh, that is good." Giyuu said.

"So why don't you train your hardest so you're healthy enough to join her? You guys still haven't actually been on a date and you've been dating for over a month now." Aoi said.

"You're right. Are you sure she likes going to festivals?" Giyuu asked.

"Yes, I'm sure. She just doesn't get to go very often because she always takes care of this place. But this time I'm around and with my new medical training Shinobu-sama is comfortable enough to leave me solely in charge of everything. At least until she gets back." Aoi explained.