Chapter 11 - A New Friend

With Giyuu and Shinobu

Giyuu and Shinobu made their way to the nearest town, along the way Shinobu continued pestering him about trivial things. 

"So what do you think of the weather recently?"

"How do you plan on spending the rest of you week?"

"What did you have for breakfast?"

"What are you cooking for dinner?"

"Kocho." He finally said.

"Yes Tomioka-san?" She asked innocently, slightly annoying Giyuu.

"Is there a reason you are asking so many pointless questions?" He asked.

"Well Tomioka-san I thought you promised to work on your social skills, part of that is small talk." Shinobu explained.

"Okay, I think I understand." Giyuu said.

"So, how about the food lately?" He asked awkwardly.

Shinobu laughed at the attempt, for such a distinguished and stoic person, he truly was helpless when out of his comfort zone.

"Nice try Tomioka-san." She said, still laughing.

"Ugh fine, I'll try again." He said annoyed.

"So, who are we meeting in town?" He asked.

"Very good Tomioka-san. But, I cannot answer that it is a surprise." She said.

"I am not fond of surprises." Giyuu answered back.

"Too bad Tomioka-san, looks like you'll just have to accept it." She said, ignoring his protest.

As they arrived in town, Shinobu looked around for a moment clearly looking for something. It had been a fairly long trip and the afternoon sun had set in.

"SHINOBU-CHAAAAAANNNN!" A loud voice called out. Giyuu spotted a pink and green blur zoom past his vision and tackle Shinobu.

"I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN SO LONG, HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?" Mitsuri asked.

"Mitsuri-chan I missed you as well, I have been good, how have you been?" Shinobu asked.

"So good, my partnership with Kyojuro-san has been so fun, it feels like just when I was his Tsuguko."

"Speaking of, will Rengoku-san be joining us?" Shinobu asked.

"No, he is spending time with his younger brother until we go back on missions." She answered.

"Oh no, poor Tomioka-san looks like you're stuck with just us." Shinobu teased.

"OH MY GOSH, sorry Tomioka-san I totally forgot to say hello." Mitsuri apologised.

"That is okay. Hello Kanroji." He said.

"So what are we shopping for today? Don't tell me... You both need outfits for your date." Mitsuri suggested, squealing as she finished.

"We are not dating." Giyuu said flatly, causing Mitsuri's face to drop in disappointment.

"How many times must I tell you, we are not dating. I don't think Tomioka-san has ever even had a romantic thought pop into his brain." Shinobu said, attempting to calm down the emotional love pillar.

"But you two have been on missions together, alone, for over a month surely something has happened." Mitsuri suggested, almost begging for any sense of romance from the two.