Chapter 23 - The Flamboyant Pillar

Still With Giyuu

"What are you talking about?" Giyuu asked, looking at the man.

"You're here with a girl, even though you already have one waiting for you at home. Very interesting Tomioka." Tengen said with a laugh.

"You already have a girlfriend?" Mai asked.

"What? No. Wait What?" Giyuu asked.

"I am sorry young lady, my friend here is not very socially adept, I don't even think he realised your intentions. Unfortunately for you, his heart belongs to another." Tengen said dramatically.

"What?" Giyuu asked again, clearly confused.

"Oh, I see. Well, if you ever do change your mind, I will be in the capital for a few days." Mai said, leaving the bar.

"Uzui. What are you talking about?" Giyuu asked.

"Do not worry Tomioka, I just needed to get rid of her so we could talk. Unless. Were you interested in her? My apologies, I will get her back now." Tengen said.

"No, I am not." Giyuu said bluntly.

"HAHA. SO BLUNT TOMIOKA." Tengen said.

"Oh, I don't believe you have ever had the pleasure of meeting my beautiful and flashy wives." Tengen said.

"This is Hinatsuru." He said, gesturing to her.

"Hello Tomioka-san, I have heard much about you." She said, bowing politely.

Giyuu nodded and bowed his head respectfully.

"This is Suma." Tengen continued, gesturing to his other wife.

"Oh... Hello T... Tomioka-san." She stuttered, also bowing.

"And last but certainly not least, Makio." Tengen finished.

"Tomioka-san, have you and Shinobu-san gotten together yet?" Makio asked.

Giyuu's eyes widened, causing Tengen to burst out in laughter. Giyuu didn't answer instead remaining silent, which annoyed Makio.

"OI, DON'T IGNORE ME!" She shouted, attempting to attack Giyuu, but she was held back by Hinatsuru and Suma.

"Look at his face Makio." Tengen said seriously, causing his wife to stop.

"Note the widened eyes. In all the times I have seen Tomioka, this is the only time I have seen him express emotion." Tengen said.

Giyuu made his face return to normal, all emotion being expelled.

"And there it is, the quick change in emotion. He clearly has feelings for Kocho." Tengen suggested, receiving nods of agreement from his wives.

"I do not." Giyuu said.

"THAT IS AN OBVIOUS LIE." Tengen cheered.

"I am not lying." Giyuu said bluntly.

"Whatever you say Tomioka. But a close friend of mine tells me you have been staying at the butterfly mansion these past few days, I wonder why that is." Tengen teased.

Giyuu was once again shocked, but then thought about who could have spread the information.

Mitsuri. He realised.

"Can we please focus on the mission." Giyuu said.

"Okay I will leave you alone for now." Tengen said.

"Bartender, bring me 2 bottles of sake." Tengen said.

The bartender nodded and returned with the bottles. Tengen poured a cup for everyone present.