Chapter 8: Jai's POV

Start from the beginning

She stood there for a second and smiled. The way she smiled, oh my God. I suddenly became interested in her. I looked around to check if there were any other empty seats left besides the one on my left. I saw a few chairs in front, and one on the second row. It looks like she’s got a stage fright, and would probably sit on the first chair she would see, but I was hoping she would stay beside me. Was this actually the one they call as love at first sight?

The new girl started talking, “Hi, I’m Andrea Gomez, but you can just call me Andi. Well, family and I just arrived last weekend.”

Mr. McCray finally asked her to take her seat. I saw her looked around to where an empty seat was. I was sure of she saw the ones in front but then she walked past it, and the next thing I knew she was beside me.

I just can’t stop looking at her. She smelled nice. She was so beautiful. I was lost in her smile. I felt like my veins woke me up from the dead, and she gave me a vicious spell because I can’t get her off my mind.

“Hey, Andi right?” I asked. She looked to me as if she knew me, and I was pretty surprised and pleased.

“Yeah, that’s right. I’m so sorry about bumping into you earlier.” Earlier? What does she mean earlier? Maybe she might have bumped into Luke and thought it was me.

“I’m Jai. Jai Brooks” I gestured my right hand to shake her hand.

Her hands were soft, and it smelled nice too. I bet she likes to put those girly lotions. She was pretty quiet at first. I didn’t actually know what I would tell her. I kept looking on my Twitter for clues and pick up lines to get her attention. I did have some tips I have read on Twitter from our fan base that has been sending us pick up lines. I never thought I would actually use them.

I like sitting at the back part of the classroom because you hardly get noticed. You don’t really have to listen to class, and you can doodle and not get caught. When Mr. McCray mentioned we’re gonna watch a movie for class, I thought that was the perfect idea he ever had. Some students at the back of the classroom moved right in front. Perfect timing to move closer to her, and get to know her a little better. Sure we did talk in class, anything under the sun. It wasn’t hard to talk to her. She was funny, and she got the spunk.

Minutes passed by and we’re still talking like having our own world at the back of the classroom. I have no idea if she noticed how I kept glancing on her schedule to check if we have any more classes together. We sure did. Science Lab and Media and I can’t wait.

I like her. I didn’t want to mention about the Janoskians, or if she ever knows about the Janoskians, because I wanted to know if she would like me back for being Jai. I hope her new friends wouldn’t tell her about me and Janoskians. But then again, no one in school really cares about me and Luke, or Janoskians. I felt safe.

The bell rang. “I’m sorry, I have to go” I uttered regretfully as my next class is located in a different building.

She smiled.

Honestly, I have no idea what has gotten into me, and why I acted that way. As much as I’d like to take it slow, the anticipation of being her friend was killing me. I knew that if I let this pass, some other guys in school would probably meet her and make the move, while I’ll be dreading why I didn’t do that. I didn’t want to see that happen. For the first time, I liked a girl, and I wouldn’t want to slip away from her.

Lunch came and I met my friends at the cafeteria.  I saw her there with a few friends. Apparently, she’s part of the popular group. I wouldn’t say “our rivals” but those guys hate me and Luke. The moment I saw them, I had the urge that I want to get to know her first. I didn’t mind if I would get in trouble as long as she would speak of me and not them.