Switched

Grey pov:

I was betrayed , I had worked hard over the years to become a king and keep both my friends safe but in the end it was the one I wanted to protect me that drove a blade through my heart .

Cecilia had killed me , I had given up on my emotions ,my youth and my time just to keep her and Nico safe but she killed me while Nico just watched doing nothing .

I had locked up my emotions but at that moment I felt an unbridled amount of rage build up in my body and all I wanted was to kill her , the people that killed the headmaster , this entire messed up world I wanted to destroy it all and when all of it burned down I would dance in the ashes.

I knew however that deep down my wish was that I had never met her , I wish I had never met Nico and became his friend , I shouldn't have been adopted to a orphanage and made a bond with the headmaster  , I wish I never cared about any of them , I should have given up on my emotions a long time ago as it would spare me the suffering .

With that thought I closed my eyes for the last time in this life.

Cecilia pov:

What is happening , how did I get here and why is Grey lying dead with a sword in his chest , did I do it?

No , I could never he was my best friend , so just how did this happen when did I kill him , why can't I remember anything 

My thoughts raged , Vera she was the one that had manipulated us all and once I get my hands on her , but that wouldn't change the fact that Grey is dead and I was the reason for that happening I looked towards Nico and saw he looked onto the scene with horror , of course one of his best friends killed the other no way he wouldn't be surprised I could feel something wet on my cheeks and realized that I was crying , I am sorry Grey if only I had been stronger.

Grey pov:

I woke up in a body of a 2 year old a few days ago in an orphanage in a different world , lately I have been gathering information about this world and mana through the various books that are present in the library here .

My name in this life is Grey ironically . I have white hair and red eyes , one would say I would grow up to be a fine looking man but I couldn't care less about that, in this world power is everything and the primary way to gain power is to  make use of mana as is the common belief of this world , they even believe that the continent they live on is the only one on this world .

What a bunch of fools , sea travel has been developed and they are so confident that there isn't another continent filled with more experienced mages ready   to devour them , well I will be operating assuming that there is one after all 

It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war .

Over the past few days I have spent time getting used to this body and building my mana core , the people at orphanage make sure that children are fed but other than that they couldn't care less what children do all day so I am able to do whatever I want without interruptions .

Timeskip(3 years )

Over the past few years I had built up my mana core I made sure no one was around when I formed my mana core so no one  knew about me being a mage I had also prepared several deadly spells to go along with my swordsmanship I formed a technique known as mana rotation and was able to absorb mana while moving .

Recently I have noticed that all I feel is cold no matter what I do , no matter how powerful I become every day , no matter how much I break and rebuild my body , my emotions have become numb I don't know if I should be happy when something happens , for me days are monotonous and boring , but it isn't exactly a bad thing I guess my training has been yielding impressive results even though I feel numb most of the times although I sometimes wonder why am I doing this I don't have any intention of protecting anyone nor trusting a person but I still march through these monotonous days perhaps I am looking for something .