miles away (NR)

warnings: breakdown, death, drugs, 

prompt: y/n is natasha's student, and girlfriend. natasha doesn't understand why y/n is shutting her out recently, but wanda, y/n's older sister, can hear her thoughts from miles away

(y/n is 20, wanda is 25, nat is 26)

NATASHA'S POV

"okay guys, please have page 34 completed by the end of class. you have the next 20 minutes to work on it, hand it to me when you're done." i tell my class filled with college students. 

i teach the russian language and geography class. majority of the students in this class have never spoken a word of russian in their life, but most leave almost fluent. last year, i was awarded the best russian teacher in the states, not to brag or anything but go me! 

a couple years ago, tony created the Avengers' College. students in this college are looking to get an education while also trying to gain self-defense and fighting skills. of course, he made all of us avengers become the teachers, but i don't mind it. 

my girlfriend, y/n, is one of my students as well. she's the star student in every class. every night when we go back to the compound she spends several hours studying, although we tell her she doesn't need to study.

as the bell rings, everyone brings their work. i pack my bag full of my belongings and papers to grade. in the back of the class, i see y/n pretending to still be cleaning up her things. in reality, she's discreetly waiting for me to be ready to go back home.

i wait until the last student, besides y/n of course, leaves the classroom. she turns around and gives me a small smile while i lock the door behind us. 

on the walk back to the compound i ask y/n about her day. i get nothing more than one-word answers and nods. i try not to overthink it, not wanting to annoy her with my worrying.

"are you okay?" she pulls her key out of her pocket and unlocks the front door.

"i'm okay natty." wanda and bruce walk out of the kitchen with a tray of brownies, handing y/n and i one. 

"i have some papers to grade, i'll catch up with you all later." i say to everyone and kiss y/n's cheek.

Y/N'S POV

when nat leaves to go upstairs to her office, i sneak out the front door. using one of tony's sports cars, i speed to my desired location.

"you're late." i hear as i shut the car door and run up to the man on the steps.

"i know, it won't happen again. how much do i owe you?" i pull my wallet out of my purse and look up at the unamused man.

"does natasha know about this yet?" he crosses his arms and lets me into the house.

"she doesn't need to, this doesn't concern her jasper." i threaten him with my eyes. essentially saying 'if you tell her, i'll kill you.'

"fine, but you're not getting as much this week. i got a couple new customers that are buying loads. i already have a small supply." jasper says and hands me a tiny amount of cocaine.

"that's it??" i look down at the small bag in my hand and he smiles.

"can't always get what you want y/l/n." he laughs and takes the money out of my hand, then shuts the door.

i sigh and walk back to the car. i stare at the bag in my hand and wonder how the hell this will last me a week. i have an emergency bag in my nightstand, but i don't use that unless absolutely necessary.

as i drive back to the compound, my thoughts get louder and louder. panicking over every little thing- if this tiny bag will be enough, if jasper will tell natasha, if somebody knows.