Aftermath

1 year later...

Link was adjusting to the captain of the royal guard pretty well so far. Unfortunately the royal guard hated him as his methods were least to say brutal.

The training to be a royal guard is a 10 week long course that pushes everyone to the limits. The first thing Link forced the young teens just kissing youth goodbye was literally kiss youth goodbye. He would tell them to grab a photo, childhood toy, or even their parents and force them to kiss it and say "goodbye" before placing themselves in his hands.

For the next 10 weeks those teens would go through absolute hell, the first week is physical training everyday at 4 am the recruits would get out of bed and would run around the castle parameter NAKED for 3 miles, then a set of 100 pushups, 200 sit-ups since they were "easier" and 50 burpees.

The second week was rest week which, was a lesson in organization, Link would inspect each barrack down to the smallest detail and anything out of line would result in another naked 3 mile run for the recruits.

The third week is when training really starts to suck, Link takes the recruits out into Hyrule field for a week long camping trip, the recruits are forced to hunt, gut, and cook their own food.

The fourth week was spent with a walk to the Rito area where they would again camp but in the colder climate,

The fifth week they had to survive in Gerudo Desert.

The sixth week they had to survive in Zoe's territory, this was also where they were taught to swim

The seventh week was spent on Goron mountain.

The eighth week was a hike back to Hyrule Castle where they rested for one day then Link gave them classroom lessons on fighting techniques, the ninth and tenth weeks were when they finally learnt combat training.

You see now why the royal guard hates Link. And the worst part was Link himself knew it, and unfortunately so did Zelda.

"Link I think your going too hard on those recruits, all of them complain to me all the time"

"I know Zelda but trust me when I say that when the time comes you need them, you'll understand why"

Zelda gave Link a weird look, " i hope I do Link".

"HA they won't do shit just watch them cower in fear when Ganondorf crawls his ass back here"

That was Jonas captain of the Hyrulian Knights, which had a different role than the Royal Guard, in fact the Knights were much more visible and liked as they had fought most of the battles since the Ganondorf incident, and by battles I mean the small ambushes Ganondorfs forces would launch on patrols.

"KEEP TALKING BUDDY SEE WHERE THAT GETS YOU" Link shouted at him, "any time anywhere brother" Jonas replied back with an eye roll.

Link and Zelda walked back to her room, Link sat down beside her as she began taking her makeup off. "Link I was serious about earlier you need to lay off them a bit".

"I will Zelda it's just that Jonas does everything and I don't want them to get soft, because you got remember Ganondorf is still out there"

Ganondorf, the same man that Link had told to leave Hyrule a year ago, he could still remember the malice in his voice when he shouted "This isn't over one day I'll rip this kingdom apart"

Though he had t acted on it yet, Ganondorf was a man of his word, eventually he would make a move.

"Link the last thing I'm worried about now is Ganondorf the only thing we've got to link him to us now is the Yiga Clan and we don't even know if they know where he is"

In the following months after Ganondorfs exile, he had formed a group of insurgents he named the Yiga Clan who were loyalists to his old kingdom, link had already visited them.

*5 months ago*

"Ganondorf is gone", a Yiga clan member he said bluntly to Link, the two parties had agreed to meet to discuss the ambushes, when it was Links turn to talk he couldn't help but ask about the exiled king.

No one believed them, everyone knew Ganondorf was still alive and thriving slowly getting stronger but as time passed the thought of his return began to be pushed in the back of everyone's mind.

*present*

"The Yiga clan"... Link said.

Since the negotiations, ambushes had slowed down but they had not stopped, from the one ambush a day in the preceding months, reports of Yiga ambushes had slowed to an astonishing, one ambush a week.

Though things were beginning to die down, Hyrule was on high alert in case they made a big move against anybody.

Zelda got up and walked behind her changing screen, and even though she was covered Link was a gentlemen and stood up and turned his back to her.

Link was in his early 20s this was the prime of his life and though he would love to have a woman of his own the last woman he'd like to see in a changing state was Zelda. He had pondered on the subject before, thinking 'what would happen if I barged in on her naked'. All of his conclusions came to end at "I'd flip out" and sure enough he was right.

About 2 months ago, while he was lost in thought, Zelda went behind her screen and began changing. When she called out to him to ask him a question, his train of though was broken.

Even though he didn't see anything, he immediately started having an internal struggle between his horomones and his un deniable loyalty to the throne. Every since then he has turn his back to her.

"Link why do you turn your back to me while I change", Zelda asked him.

"I do it out of respect toward you, respect as both a woman and a Queen".

"Oh well thank you Link".

The awkward silence bared down on the room, why was this awkward for him? Was it just him or was it awkward for her too?

"I am going to bed now Link"

Link's train of thought was once again broken, "oh, I shall leave then your majesty".

"You know I hate when you call me that right"?

Zelda had thought since they were close friends that they wouldn't have to do honorifics at all. And even though Link didn't use her royal name much, he didn't say it a few times.

"I know you hate it, that's why I say it"

Link opened the door to leave her room and before he shut it he heard," goodnight Link".

Link had a moment of deciding rather to piss her off more or just be casual, eventually the casual side won. "Goodnight Zelda"

Ok so as I'm sure you may have noticed I have deleted part 2 and here is why I realize now it was kind of dumb for me to have the book in sections like this so instead of having a boring filler second part I figured I'd just keep it on solid story. So here you go skipping part 2 which was useless anyway and skipping straight to what part 3 was going to be and I will say part 3 has gone through many different iterations and I think I finally found one that would end the story well so have fun y'all.