Chapter 14

A few weeks later it was finally the day of prom. Rosalie and Jasper had picked out my dress and the girls were coming over for a girls day before we all had had the dance tonight. Jasper and the guys went hunting and were getting ready to go to their house. My dress was an emerald green fitted dress and I had green shoes to match. We were having a movie day and doing each other's nails while we were watching movies. I made sure that I ate throughout the day just to make sure there was no reason for Jasper to worry tonight. As we were sitting there Alice asked me "are you excited to go to prom tonight?" I said "Yes and no. I have never really been to a dance before. I don't want anything bad to happen with Edward and Bella." Melody said "Don't worry it will be fun and Jasper has been looking forward to taking you to prom." Rosie said "Em he loves you and wants to make you happy. We all consider you as a sister." I smiled and hugged all of the girls. Soon it was time to get ready. Alice hurried me into the shower. She told me to put on a rob and to sit in a chair in the middle of my bedroom. Rosalie worked on my hair as Alice did my make up. Melody had to run over to her house to grab something. When she came back I was putting on the dress and shoes. She placed something around my neck. I turned around to look in the mirror and I was taken back by the work all the girls did. Rosalie said "my brother will not be able to take his hands off you tonight." I smiled. As the girls got dressed they each looked wonderful. Alice and Melody were in purple dresses. The only difference between the two was one was short and a dark purple. The other one was a light purple floor length dress. Rosalie was in a red elegant dress that showed off her beauty. There was a knock on the door, Alice and Melody went to answer the door. I hear them talking to someone. I slowly walked down the stairs. I saw Jasper and Emmet standing at the bottom of the stairs. He was in a dark suit and his blond curls stood out. I stepped off the bottom step. Jasper said "Darlin you are absolutely beautiful." I blushed and said "you look wonderful yourself Major." Jasper placed a corsage on my wrist and he offered me his arm. We all walked out of my house, Jasper locking up behind me. Jasper opened the passenger side door for me to climb into his car. He got into the driver's seat and we started driving to the hotel where prom was being held. Jasper held my hand as we drove. I said "Jasper I love you with all of my heart." Jasper turned to me and said "I love you too."

When we arrived at the hotel, Jasper parked the car and came around to my side of the car. Jasper opened my door and offered me his hand. I took his hand and stepped out of the car. Jasper wrapped his arm around my waist and we walked towards the entrance. We stopped and got our pictures taken and went into the venue. After dinner Jasper asked "May I have this dance ma'am" I said "of course major, you can have all the dances." We danced and had a great time. It was wonderful to be in Jasper's arms. I got lucky to have a mate like him. Jasper took me out to one of the gazebos and we continued to dance like we had been doing inside but it was much cooler out here. As we danced slowly it reminded me of a more simple time. Jasper asked "What are you thinking about darlin?" I said "how I got so lucky to have you as a mate." Jasper said "I am the lucky one here, my love." Jasper twirled me and pulled me in. I wrapped my arms around his neck and laid my head on his shoulder. Jasper said "Alice was right, I can't keep my hands off of you darlin." I laughed and said "Major, you and I have a long future ahead of us and I wouldn't have it any other way. You have brought me back to being like I was before my creature took me." Jasper said "I am glad you have come into my life all these years later. You gave me a reason to stay with my family. brought me back to life." We continued to dance the rest of the night. At the end of the night Jasper took me home. It was one of the funnest nights that I have had in a really long time. When we got home Jasper helped me out of the car and walked me to my door. He unlocked my door and lead me into the house. Once we were in the house Jasper pushed me up against the wall and kissed me. I ran my hands through his hair and kissed back. Jasper picked me up and carried me upstairs to my room. Jasper set me down on the bed and went into the bathroom. I heard the water running. He came back into my room and said "I ran you a relaxing bath and I want you to take your time." I went into the bathroom and took off my dress. I got into the bath and let the hot water relax my muscles. Once the water turned cold I got out and slipped on sweat pants and a take top. I walked back into the bedroom to see Jasper sitting on my bed reading a book on the civil war. I pulled back the covers and curled up next to Jasper. I laid my head on his chest, and he ran his fingers through my hair. Jasper asked "what's wrong? I can feel that you are worried about something." I said "I have this feeling that something bad is going to happen" Jasper wrapped his arms around me and said "whatever comes our way we face it together." I nodded and drifted off to sleep.