Chapter 9

Once we entered the mall it was a little overwhelming. Rosilie took my hand and said "I'm going to take you to get your hair done and then we can meet up with the others and find outfits that will match your new hair style." I nodded, not wanting to argue with her. We walked into a salon and Rose told her the style that was going to look the best on me. After about 2 hours my hair was done. During that time that I was getting my hair done I was not allowed to see what was being done. When the stylist turned me around in the chair. I was completely shocked that it was perfect or the style of clothing that I like. I had shoulder length black hair with red highlights. Rose asked "what do you think?" I said "I love it Rose, it's perfect." Rose smiled and said "I knew that you would love it." Rose paid at the counter and we walked out of the salon. We met up with everyone at a store. Everyone loved my hair. Alice and Melody pulled me along into the store. Esme said "take it easy on her girls. She's not used to all of this." Melody said "she will be fine." I said "Esme would you come along with me if I have to try anything on." Esme smiled and said "I would love to dear." All of the girls were pulling clothes left and right for me to try on. I said, "I am not wearing any heels, Alice." Alice said "you will if they are boots with thick heels." I sighed and shook my head. After we had pulled multiple outfits Melody and Alice told me to go try everything on. Esme said "it will be ok I will be right outside." I walked into the dressing room and started trying on everything. everything that they picked out matched my style but more stylish. After all the clothes were paid for we went shoe shopping. It was nice being out with the girls. I was worried about how Jasper would react to my new hair style.

After about 4 hours of shopping my feet were killing me. The girls stopped and we went to the food court for me to grab a bite to eat. After I had a little bit to eat we left the mall and started our journey home. When we arrived back at my house everyone helped take everything into the house and up to my bedroom. We walked back down to the living room and said our goodbyes. They left soon after going across the street to their house. I went upstairs to start putting all the outfits away along with the shoes. After hanging everything up in the closet I went back downstairs. I went into the kitchen and made myself a glass of ice tea and started making dinner. I put chicken alfredo into the oven to cook. I went back into the living room and turned on the tv. As I was sitting there watching tv I heard a knock on the door. I went over to the door and answered it. I opened the door to see Jasper. He was looking at me strangely. I was starting to get nervous because I changed my hair style. I asked, "Is there something wrong with the way that I look.?" Jasper snapped out of whatever trance he was in. He said "no Darlin, you look absolutely amazing with this style. Did you pick it out?" I said "no, it was all Roselie. She kinda surprised me with a trip to the salon." Jasper kissed my cheek and said "so that is what she was planning. You look beautiful darlin." We walked into the living room and sat down onto the couch. I curled up next to Jasper and leaned my head on his shoulder. Jasper said "while you were out Carlise and I restock your fridge with animal blood." I said "thank you for doing that." He said "I want to be able to take care of you as my mate. I know that you are strong with everything you have been through." I said "I appreciate everything that you have done for me Jasper. you gave me hope and showed me that it was ok to trust again." He smiled and asked "how is your wrist feeling?" I said "it feels like its all healed." Jasper said "I will give Carlisle a call to come and take it off for you." I nodded and Jasper pulled out a cell phone. He stepped into the kitchen and made the call. Not long after Jasper made the call he opened the door for Carlisle. They came into the living room where I was sitting. Carlisle said "hello Emerald, how have you been feeling?" I said "I have been feeling a lot better Dr. Cullen." He said "That is wonderful to hear and it's Carlisle remember." I nodded and Carlisle started to take off the cast. When the cast came off I moved my wrist around. It felt good that I could move it again. I thanked Carlisle and he left, leaving me with Jasper. I went into the kitchen and pulled out the chicken alfredo out of the oven. Jasper came into the kitchen and sat at the island. I made a plate for me to have some dinner. After I ate dinner I put away the leftovers. Jasper and I cleaned up together. We went back into the living room where we spent the rest of the night talking about everything and watching tv. I was soon getting tired. Jasper said "go on to bed and I will see you tomorrow." I nodded and went upstairs. I changed into my pajamas and went to bed. I fell into a deep sleep.