Chapter 12

When Jasper and I got to my house Jasper and I kissed before he walked back over to his house. I walked into the house and headed straight to the library that was sitting across from the living room before you got to the staircase. I walked into the library and started looking for my spell book that was passed down through the generations of my family. It was the last thing I had in my human life. I finally found the book. It was a leather bound book that had the triquetra symbols on. I sat down in the library and looked through the book. It had been years since I had looked through the book. I walked out of the library and out to the back yard. I found a few flower gardens that needed some work. While I was in the backyard I heard someone knocking on the door. I yelled from the garden telling the person that I was in the garden. I looked up to see Roseisle, and Melody. I said "Hey Rose, Melody." Rose said "Alice thought you would need help in the garden and thought we could help." I said "That was thoughtful of her. I found something from my human life and wanted to see if I still had magic like I did." Melody said "could we hang out while you practice." I said "sure" Rose and Melody sat down next to me. I opened the book and found a garden spell. I concentrated on the earth and I felt the magic flow threw me from the ground. The connection that I had with the earth was calming and grounding. I opened my eyes to see my garden in full bloom with all the herbs and flowers that I use to grow in my garden in Scotland. Rose said "Does Jasper know about what you can do?" I said "No, I just found the book that I thought I had lost many years ago." Melody said "He needs to know. What else can you do that you have been keeping from us?" I said "I was always good with herbal medicine, I was known as a healer in my village. But I can also do protection spells if needed." Rose said "this is wonderful. I have never seen some of these plants before." I said "These were the ones that my mum used to grow in the highlands of Scotland. They thrive in all types of weather." Rose said "you haven't talked about your human life." I said "not much to tell besides I grew up in a small village. My mum was a powerful healer never knew my father. The villagers talked about my mum being a witch but she wasn't, she just didn't follow what was expected of her. I can still remember when she gave me this book when I had just turned 17. She said that one day it would protect me. a lot of good it did when it came to my creator." Melody said "your mum sounds lovely." I said "she was the best when it came to dealing with a broken heart or dealing with making herbal remedies." Rose said "Your mum would have been very proud of you theses days and she would have loved Jasper." I said while laughing "she would have given him hell that if he had ever broken my heart she would curse him." Us girls all started laughing.

As the sun went down we walked inside. I showed them the library. Rose and Melody looked through the books. Melody picked up an old photo that I forgot that I had. Melody asked "Is this your mum?" I looked at the photo. It was a photo of both my mum and I. I said with my accent coming out "Yes lass my mum insisted on having that taken." Melody handed the photo to Rose. Rose said "you look so much like her." I said "It was a different time back then." I put my book back on the shelf where I had found it. Rose said "I have to head home Emmet is taking me out on a date. Melody and Alice are going out dancing." I smile and said "You lassies have a good time tonight." They hugged me and left. I stayed in the library reading the rest of the night. I soon fell asleep looking through the old photo album that I had when I was human. I was suddenly woken by someone placing a blanket over me. They said "it alright darlin go on back to sleep." I knew it was Jasper and snuggled down into the blanket that he had put on me. The next morning I woke up in the library. The album that I was looking at was sitting on the table near the couch. I sat up and there was a fire going in the fire place. I must have gotten colder last night. I noticed Jasper sitting on the chare near the fire place. He looked like he was reading, I wrapped the blanket around me and sat in the chair next to him. Jasper said "Good morning darlin." I said "good morning." I know he was deep in thought about something that made me kind of worried. I got up from my chair and walked into the kitchen. I made my blood tea and I also heated a mug up with animal blood for Jasper. I took both mugs into the library and sat mine down on the table in front of the couch. I took the other one over to Jasper. I kneeled down in front of him. I asked "What the matter Jasper?" He looked down at me and took his mug. Jasper said "Why didn't you show me your magic? Why were you looking at the photo album last night?" I got up and grabbed my cup. I sat in the chair beside him. I looked at the fire that was going in the fireplace. I said "last night after everything that had happened at your house. I came home and started looking for a book that was passed down to me in my human life. I found the book. It was a spell book that my mum at the time had passed down to me. I wanted to know if my magic still worked I was never allowed to use it when I was first turned. Rose and Melody came by last night while I was in the garden. They saw me practicing. After we came inside they were looking at a old photo I had sitting up on the book shelf." Jasper said "you were making sure that it worked before you showed anyone." I nodded and said "After talking to Rose and Melody I found an old photo album from when I was human. I was looking at the photos of my mum and the surrounding area in the highlands of Scotland." Jasper nodded and said "when I came to check on you, I found you asleep on the couch with the album in you hand. I gently pulled the blanket over you and started a fire." I drank my tea. We sat in silence for a few moment. Jasper said "would you like to accompany to play baseball with my family this afternoon?" I said "I would love too as long as I can play too. It's been a while since I played." Jasper came over to me and said "You keep surprising me darlin." I smiled and said "I have to keep you on your toes Major." I said "I'm going to get ready for the day." I got up and went upstairs to take a shower and get dressed. I stepped into the shower and let the hot water relaxed my muscles. I washed my hair in my honey scented shampoo and conditioner. I got out of the shower wrapping my hair in a towel to dry my hair. I walked into my closet and got dressed in skinny jeans, a striped shirt with a leather jacket on top and my knee high tennis shoes. I brushed my hair. I walked back into my room and found Jasper sitting on my bed.

We walked downstairs holding hands. Jasper and I walked out of the house and walked over to his house. We walked into the living room where everyone was sitting. Alice said "This is going to be fun having you join the baseball teams." I said " I used to play all the time." Emmet said "you are going down shortcake." I said "call me that again lad and I will show you what I can do." Carlisle said "Rose told us you tapped into your magic last night." I said "yes I did last night in the garden would you all like to see what I can do again?" We all walked out to the garden. I went over to a flower bed that didn't have anything grown in it. I concentrated on the earths energy and flowers started to grow." Jasper came up behind me and said "beautiful Darlin." I smiled and turned around to see everyone smiling. Esme came up to me and hugged me. Carlisle you are a talented individual." I said "thank you I learned from my mother when I was human she was called a healer." We all went to the garage to get into vehicles to head to the field. Jasper put a navy blue baseball cap on my head and we all started to warm up. I stretched. Jasper came over to me as I was stretching and wrapped an arm around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck and asked "how did I get so lucky to get a mate as wonderful as you major." Jasper kissed my neck and said "I was the lucky one I got a wonderful what do you calls woman in Scotland?" I said "Lassies" My accent got thicker as I said that. He said "I got a wonderful and the most beautiful lassie out of all of Scotland, you make me feel more alive than I have in years." I said "good to know Major." We heard a Jeep pull up and saw Edward and Bella get out of the Jeep. Jasper pulled me close and said "don't worry about her, just have fun." I said "yeah looking forward to beating Emmet." Emmet said "I heard that Emmy" I smiled and flipped him off. Rose smiled and smacked Emmet. The teams were set as Carlisle, Rose, Jasper, Emmet and I. The other team was Alice, Esme, Melody, Edward and Bella. Alice said "It's time." The game was going well. Rose was out. I walked over to her and said "You did good." It was my turn. I hit the ball and ran. I made it all the way around. I got back to Jasper and said "beat that major." Jasper walked up to the plate trying to impress me with his bat flip. Jasper hit the ball and next thing we know is Alice is yelling "STOP" Edward said "I thought they were leaving." Alice said "they must have heard us playing." Jasper wrapped me in his arms as reassurance that nothing was going to happen. The Nomads walked out of the forest and stopped in front of us. I wasn't paying attention to what was being said. All I could make out was names. Their names were Victoria, James and Laurent. Carlisle was saying how some of us were leaving and they could join the came. But then the wind picked up and we all got Bella scent. That is when all hell broke loose. I was shoved behind Jasper when I heard James say "You brought a snack." Everyone gathered around Bella and myself. I wasn't worried I knew I could take them down without a fight with my wolf and witch side. Carlisle said "The girl is with us." Jasper was crouched down in front of me and I knew the look on the blondes and the redhead. Carlisle and Laurent talked a few minutes longer. They soon left. Carlisle told Edward to get Bella out of there and then Carlisle said "Jasper, Take Emerald back to our house." Jasper nodded and took my hand. We got back into the Jeep and drove to there house. As we were driving Jasper asked "Is there a spell that would keep a tracker from getting to the person that they want?" I said "There is a way but it's a complicated spell and takes a lot of energy to do." Jasper took my hand and asked "can you do the spell if it is needed?" I said "I can do it but its not a permanent fix for the problem at hand. if I do the spell it going to take all of my energy and it will make me weak for a few days." Jasper said "I will be there with you when you cast the spell darlin, Our kind can be killed by being torn apart and burned." I nodded knowing that my creator use to kill others like him to keep them in line. Once we got to the Cullens house we meet everyone in the garage. Jasper and I walked in. Carlisle came up to me and said "James is after Bella, I would like to know from you if there is a spell to help protect her while we lead the tracker away." I looked at Jasper and said "There is but it takes a lot of energy to do it. Carlisle its not a fix for the problem at hand.." Carlisle then asked "would you be willing to perform this spell?" I said "I would do it for anyone in this family except for Bella and Edward I'm sorry. If it comes down to it I will but not with out Jasper with me, it will make me very weak after the spell." Jasper said "why should she put herself in danger for them when they do nothing but treat her like she's nothing." I knew that Major had come to the surface. I wrapped my arms around his waist and said "its ok Major, i will help Carlisle if needed. But if I do this I need Jasper back in control in case I collapse with the spell." Major said "I will protect you my darlin, Jasper and I agree on that." I kissed his cheek and held him tight.