Chapter 6

When the history paper was done I looked at the clock and noticed it was almost 9 pm. I went upstairs to my room. I was grateful that I was right handed. I crawled in bed with a book and started reading. I also propped my wrist on a pillow. As I was reading I sensed someone come into my room. I looked up from the book that I was reading to see Jasper. I asked "how was hunting?" Jasper said "it was good to catch a few deer and a mountain lion." I smiled and said "that's good. I go hunting when I need to but I keep some in the fridge." Jasper sat down and asked "what are you reading Darlin?" His accent coming out sent shivers down my back. I said "just a history book on the civil war." Jasper sat up next to me. He said "you know if you want to know about the war all you had to do was ask darlin." I said "I didn't want to bother you and I like to read about history." Jasper said "I wouldn't have minded sharing with you. I learned a lot being in the army. but it didn't prepare me for what Maria had planned for me." I said "It's your story to tell and if you are not ready then we don't have to talk about it." He smiled and said "you should get some sleep." I nodded. As I laid against him he was rubbing my back. Jasper must have noticed the scars on my skin. He asked "How did you get these scars?" I tensed up when he mentioned the scars. I said "the person that turned me into a vampire. I really am not comfortable talking about this." He nodded and said "when you are ready I am here." He pulled me closer to him and leaned down. His lips connected with mine and sparks erupted. I pulled away and said "I trust you Jasper more than I have ever trusted anyone." We sat there in silence and I soon drifted off to sleep.

The next morning when I woke up I noticed that Jasper was not there. I got up out of bed and got ready for the day. I pulled on some black jeans and a long sleeve. Which was hard with a cast on my wrist. I noticed that there was a note on my dresser It Read "Emerald, I am sorry I was not there when you woke up, I went home to get ready for school. I will pick you up and we can go to school. with all my love, Jasper" I thought that was really sweet of him. I slept better with him around than I have in a really long time. I slipped on my combat boot and my leather jacket. It was hard getting my favorite jacket on over the cast. Once the jacket was on I went downstairs to the kitchen grabbing some fruit and made my travel cup of tea adding animal blood to it. I was thinking about telling Jasper about my past since I could see his past. It was only fair that he should know. I didn't want him to turn his back on me when he found out. I was starting to get worried about school. I know soon I will have to go hunting for more animal blood. My supply is getting low. While I was eating the fruit there was a knock on the door. I got up from the kitchen island. I walked to the door to answer it. I opened the door to find Jasper and Rosalie on the porch. I said "morning come on in I'm just finishing up breakfast." We walked into the kitchen. Rose said "I was wondering if you wanted to go shopping with Alice, Melody and I this weekend?" I wasn't sure if it was a good idea with the anxiety. I said "Sure, I wouldn't mind a girls day." Rose said "perfect my treat. It's time to update your wardrobe." I laughed and said "I like the punk rock style." I placed the dishes in the sink and grabbed my bag. I put my bag on my shoulder and grabbed my tea from the counter. Jasper grabbed my house key from the table and we walked out the door to Roses red convertible. Jasper locked my house up for me. I leaned over and kissed his cheek. Jasper said "what was that for?" I said "my way of thanking you for being a gentleman." Jasper said "my pleasure ma'am" Jasper opened the back seat door for me and I climbed in. I noticed Emmet in the front. I said "you could have come into the house Emmet." Emmet said I would have if Rose wouldn't have smacked me for giving Jasper a hard time." I laughed. Jasper got in the seat next to me and Rose got into the driver seat.

On the way to school Rose asked "Em with you being a witch along with your wolf and vampire side, do you have any other abilities that we don't know about?" I said "I have a connection with the element of earth. I can grow or extend vines from the ground. but I only use my powers to grow a garden. I just haven't had a chance to plant a garden." Emmet said "that's awesome." The rest of the way to school was a comfortable silence, my wrist was bothering me but I didn't let it get to me. Jasper slid his hand into my good hand and asked "Is everything alright darlin?" I said "my wrist is bothering me but I am also a little nervous to tell you about my past." Rose looked at me through the rear view mirror and said "You can tell us when you are ready." I nodded and leaned my head on Jasper's shoulder.