Book 5: Beginnings

Start from the beginning

Korra: Who are you?

Image: I am you

Korra: Who am I?

Korra's image ripples and is replaced by Aang's.

Aang: You are the Avatar.

Korra: I don't know what that is.

Aang's image ripples and changes into Roku's.

Roku: In order to remember, you must regain your connection with your Avatar Spirit.

Roku's image ripples and changes into Kyoshi's.

Kyoshi: If you don't, darkness will engulf the world. You will die, and our era will end.

Korra: How do I regain my connection?

Kyoshi's image ripples and changes into Kuruk's.

Kuruk: Go back. Return to the beginning. Find Raava.

Korra is pushed away from Kuruk by a strong current of water and bubbles. She frowns in discomfort as her body flips around, but the current quickly stops. She turns around and sees Ryu? In front of a circle of light. Cut back to a frontal shot of Korra.

Korra: Are you Raava? You look like...Ryu? Wait how do I know that name?

Cut back to a frontal shot of her friend's look a like with the camera slowing moving in to a close-up of him.

???: No, but I can help you find her and tell you about your friends ancestry. My name is Wan, and I will show you how I became the first Avatar.

The scene transitions as the shot stays on a close up of Wan that becomes clearer. The background fades into a street and Wan is now running with a confident grin and a bag in his hand. Side-shot of three very similar looking brothers, one short, one medium sized, and one tall, each holding a guan dao glaive of a matching size as they chase after Wan.

Little Chou: Nobody steals from the Chou brothers!

Wan: Really? Because I just did.

Big Chou: You're dead, Wan.

Wan jumps on a railing. He turns around to salute the brothers mockingly before letting himself fall backward, off the railing.

Wan: Actually, I feel quite alive.

The Chou Brothers run up to the railing. Cut to a side-shot of a house. Wan drops in from above, face first, and grabs hold of a clothesline, which breaks his fall and swings him back up. Wan hides in an alcove as the Chou Brothers come crashing down screaming, tearing all the clotheslines down with them.

Cut to the ground on which the three brothers land hard, a sheet floating down upon them. Wan lands on them to cushion his fall and runs away. Cut to a frontal shot of Wan running, a grin plastered on his face. Switch to a side-shot as Wan runs over a bridge, scaring a flock of birds in the process to take flight. The Chou Brothers run onto the bridge after him.

Little Chou: Hey, stop!

The birds drop droppings on the Chous, causing them to slide to a halt. Cut to a closer side-shot. The brothers, only their mouths uncovered, stare angrily to their side, toward the camera.

Cut to a shot of Wan dropping down on a roof. He jumps toward a wooden bar, around which he turns and somersaults off on the next roof. He runs it down, jumps on a lower located roof on which he tumbles. He jumps again to another roof, but starts to slow down to a walk. Cut to a downward angle of a balcony as Wan slides down the roof tiles of a last house and lands on the balcony.

Cut to a closer shot on ground level as he sits down and rummages through the bag with his left hand, his tongue sticking out in anticipation. He pulls out a roll, but just as he is about to take a bite from it, Big Chou lands in front of the camera, and it zooms out from between his legs. Cut to a shot of Big Chou as his two brothers appear from behind him and it zooms out. The Chous catch up with Wan, who is seen in the reflection of Big Chou's blade.