Chapter 1

Jungkook had presented as an omega when he was eighteen years old.

He was a late bloomer, considering how most people present earlier, during their teenage years.

Although he was an omega in an alphas' dominated world, where they had control over omegas and owned them, Jungkook was happy about his presentation.

He had always felt, deep down, that he would present as omega, so he wasn't too surprised. He was just happy to have finally presented as all his friends did before him.

The last couple of years he had felt out of place and weird because he was the only one in his group of friends who didn't know his sub-gender.

His family threw a party to celebrate his presentation.

They were a wealthy family, and that party was also an occasion to present Jungkook as an eligible omega for mating.

Jungkook's parents hoped to have Jungkook mate with one of their friends' rich alpha sons.

His older brother, Taehyung, already had a girlfriend and their relationship was going well. They would probably get married soon.

Their parents were radiant because she came from a powerful family and their marriage would greatly boost the reputation of their family.

Jungkook's father was a politician, so his reputation was everything to him – recently, he had been thinking about running for president.

Therefore, now more than ever, he needed tons of money and support from powerful people. Taehyung's relationship became even more important after his...despicable situation became clear. A few months after the party Jungkook had his first heat.

Once again, everything seemed normal.

It was something to be expected and as an unmated omega, he had to take care of it on his own.

His omega mother had already prepared a brand-new heat kit with toys to help him get through his heat.

He couldn't ask an alpha for help because he had to preserve his virginity.

Nobody wanted to mate an omega who had already taken an alpha's cock – those kinds of omegas were labeled as "used up" and they were usually doomed to a life of solitude.

Omegas usually kept their heats secret and dealt with them alone until they found a mate who would take care of them.

After mating, an alpha acquired full ownership of the omega from their father.

They could dispose of their mate as they wished – that's how society worked and Jungkook never really questioned if it was right or wrong.

Unfortunately, things got messy after his heat.

Ordinary heats usually lasted about four, maximum five days.

Jungkook had been closed in his room for seven days when his parents started to worry. Soon enough they realized that their son's heat was nowhere close to its end.

Jungkook's heat was interminable.

It was a scabrous situation – omegas with this condition were a source of shame to their family and scorned by society.

In the few hours of lucidity he had, Jungkook was able to hear his parents argue loudly – but he never understood what they were talking about.

Then, one day, he learned his destiny.

His parents informed him that soon he would be relocated to the attic, where he would stay until a later date.

His parents renovated the attic and he moved there.