𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾.!

𝐘/𝐍

𝐘/𝐍

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐔𝐑𝐄. 15 minutes into the trip, the car broke down in what was obviously a convenient date spot. Sam sure as hell didn't pull up to there, which made the girl wonder if it was the car. If it was, it was absolutely hilarious, watching Sam try to explain himself to the girl. 

Despite that little mishap, the problem was fixed and Sam ended up getting her home successfully. Y/n laid down in the backseat the whole time, trying to ignore the awkward conversation between them until it finally ended. 

"Damn that was so awkward I kind of wanted to just walk home halfway through," Y/n spoke, using Sam's shoulder as a booster to crawl over the arm rest to the front passenger seat. 

"You think? I thought it ended pretty well. Can't you say something nice for once?"

"Like what? You're doing great or something? Bro that'd be lying." 

Sam rolled his eyes. She did feel bad though, just a little bit. He was right she could say something nice for once. 

"I think she likes you," the girl stated. "Especially after you insulted Trent and his football buddies. Isn't that right car?" 

"Why are you talking to my car bro? Stop it that's weird," Sam rebutted, giving his cousin a crazy look, like she was insane. 

Y/n rolled her eyes. "What cars have feelings too obviously. Wouldn't you agree car?" 

Coincidence or intentional? The radio turned on and switched through channels as if it was agreeing, making both cousin look at each other. 

"Stupid radio. I really need to get it checked out," Sam added, pushing the button to turn it off. He completely ignored the way it just turned on by itself, but not her. She was definitely smarter than him. Something about this car wasn't right. She just couldn't put her finger on it. 

"Your car has personality." 

"Bro." 

They made it the rest of the way home finally and pulled into the driveway. The lights to the house were still on, meaning Ron and Judy were up, probably waiting for them. Y/n shut the car door behind her to head into the house. Sam was right behind following. 

Ron and Judy were watching TV in the living room when they stepped into the house. It was some talkshow that Y/n didn't care for. 

"We're home," She spoke, making their presence known. 

"There you guys are. Where on earth did you two go?" Judy asked, setting down her drink to look at the cousins. 

"Down to the lake. There was a school party," Sam replied, keeping the details to a minimum. Y/n smirked. What kind of cousin would she be if she didn't embarrass Sam? 

"Sam drove his crush home." 

If looks could kill, Sam would have killed her most definitely. 

"What?"

"A girl?"

"It's nothing mom, dad. Mikaela just needed a ride back nothing major," Sam explained. "Look I'm tired so I'm gonna go to bed okay?" 

"I want details tomorrow!" Judy called out. "Spill the details Y/n what happened between them?" 

"Nothing. It was super awkward the whole time. I was suffering. You should really teach Sam on how to talk to girls Ron it's sad," Y/n stated, walking to the kitchen to grab a drink from the fridge. 

"Yeah like that's gonna happen," Ron replied throwing a hand in her direction. 

"Oh I'm sure it wasn't that bad," Judy tried to defend. "Was it?" 

"Super bad," The girl replied, walking over to take a seat next to Judy on the couch. "Mikaela didn't even know who he was at first, and she mispronounced his name. As if that wasn't embarrassing enough. Then before he dropped her off, she asked him if she was shallow and Sam replied with 'I think there's more than meets the eye with you.' Can you believe it? That's super awkward I wanted to die." 

Ron laughed at that, causing the girl to smile. 

"Stop laughing he was trying his best," Judy scolded, smacking Ron's arm. "What about you Y/n anyone you're crushing on?" 

Y/n shook her head. "Nope. All of the boys in my high school can't find their way out of a paper bag. I don't even think they understand basic math they're all idiots. I need someone who's older and mature and intelligent." 

"Better standards than Sam," Ron added. Judy rolled her eyes at her husband. The girl sighed and stood up. 

"I have to finish chemistry homework. Good night Judy and Ron." 

"Goodnight sweetheart! Don't stay up too late!" Judy replied. Ron grumbled something underneath his breath, probably a goodnight that she couldn't hear. Either way Y/n walked up the steps and entered her room, closing the door behind her. 

She released another sigh, feeling tired from wandering around today even though she did nothing. Really she just didn't want to do her homework and was looking for an excuse. A bad habit that she needed to break. She also promised the two parent figures that she'd pass high school this time. 

Despite trying to reason with herself, Y/n sat on the window seat that was in front of the window in her room. She  stared at nothing in particular, and thought about her parents. Her parents were killed 10 years ago, when she was just 9 years old, in the military. She remembered someone telling her that they died in action. From what they couldn't say, but they died with honor. 

The officer who told her became slightly uncomfortable from what she could remember when she asked him what killed them. Writing it off as military attack she thought nothing more of it. She had Sam, Ron, and Judy now to take care of her, which they've been good at. 

'I wonder if there's something else up there,' the girl thought, staring at the muddled stars in the sky. She was always fascinated with space and the universe, believing that there were more living things out there than just them. 

She just wished that she could see the stars clearly without pollution. 

───── ❝ end of chapter ❞ ─────

edited ; O3.21.2O23