John B pants while treading water. "Hey, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim." JJ looks to the side, frustrated. "It's such bullshit. Why do we have to do that?" Pope gets up from his perch, making the siblings shift to the side to make room for him. 

"Well, there is maritime salvage law. You can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up." JJ shakes his head slightly, trying to get his point across. "I know. I know. It's just lawyers aren't cheap, bro." Parker nods, adding, "He's right. None of us, except maybe Kiester, have the money for one, and her parents definitely aren't paying for us." 

John B shrugs as best he can from in the water before saying, "Well, as soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp." Kiara scoffs, letting out a breathy chuckle while looking at the brunette boy. "How do you know all of that?"

John B gives her a look as if the answer is obvious before responding, "'Cause my dad said it, like, a million times." Kiara tilts her head to the side, thinking about it for a second, before saying, "Yeah, that's fair." 

Pope takes a look at the tether in the black box at his feet. "This tether is, like, really long. In the wrong weather, it could get pushed around." John B glances around from the water before stating, "Then we'll go at dead calm." Parker looks up, hearing thunder. She catches sight of dark grey clouds rolling in. 

Kiara hoists herself up the ladder, saying, "At slack tide?" Parker helps her the rest of the way up before contributing. "We just gotta sit around waiting for the right weather. And just looking at that, today is not that day." Thunder rumbles again, and John B swims towards the ladder and climbs out of the water.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Parker had decided to stay with John B at the Chatêau instead of going with her brother and Pope to Heyward's, which now resulted in her sitting next to said brunette boy under the roof of the hut in the backyard.

He was pouring over the coordinates while the blonde girl took off her shirt and threw it in his face, leaving her in swim trunks and a sports bra. Suddenly, the two of them hear a familiar voice, making them both jump in surprise.

"It's your turn." Parker whips her head around, catching sight of the beautiful blonde that fills her dreams. John B just looks slightly annoyed and confused, still pulling Parker's shirt off of his head. "Uh, for what?" 

Sarah goes to stand across from the taller girl, giving her a shy smile which Parker immediately returns. Sarah then turns back towards the brunette boy, folding her arms over her chest. "To ask me what I'm doing here. Not you Parker, you didn't do anything." 

John B leans back with a faux amused look on his face, deciding to humor the girl in front of him, if only for the sake of his best friend's crush on her. "What are you doing here?" Sarah unfolds her arms and leans forward slightly, donning an angry expression.

"I didn't get a chance to respond the other day after you spat in my face and yelled at me, and you stormed off like a child. Thank you for trying to help there, Parker. So, first of all, I'm not a liar. I don't know how Ward found out about the scuba gear, but I swear it was not me. I'm not the reason Parker got fired." John B shrugs his shoulders in response, giving a very disbelieving, "Okay."

Sarah nods in acceptance, pushing herself off of the wall so that she can walk away. "That's all. Good talk," She then walks a couple of feet before seemingly remembering something, and throwing two bags at the seated duo. "Your favorite." 

Parker glances at the bag of salt and vinegar chips in her hand before she gets up and jogs to catch up with the shorter blonde. 

"Hey! Princess, wait up!" Parker puts her hands on her knees as Sarah stops right by the side of the Chatêau. When she finally catches her breath, she gives the Cameron girl an apologetic look. "I am so sorry about Johnny. He's out of control, and we have a lot of shit going on right now, and he doesn't-" Sarah puts her hand up, interrupting the taller blonde.