"Oh god good, I had already said yes." He chuckles into the phone. "What would you have done if I said no?" I tease him. "You wouldn't because you're the best daughter in the world."

Growing up without a mom sometimes made me feel like I was never good enough for her to stay, so when dad blabs about how I'm the best daughter and tells his friends how much he loves me, it patches the gaping hole in my heart.

We talk a bit more before hanging up so he can do a few work things. "Okay bye love you." I say before he says "Love you too doll, bye." I press the red button and head to my texts with Theo.

Me: Hey Teddy:)))

Theo 🎸: Hi Jo, what do you want?

Me: Geez, kitty has his claws out today.

Theo 🎸: Sorry, hello Josie, how are you doing? What do you want?

Me: lol, we're performing at a Devils event next month on the 30th. It's a 45 minute set and we'll get paid for it. Can't say no, dad and I said yes for the two of us.

Theo 🎸: Okay, sounds good.

Me: I'll send more information about it when I get it. Also we get to make the setlist 😈

Theo 🎸: Let's go crazy!

Me: I intend on this being the best show those hockey players have ever seen.

I finish the rest of my breakfast, cleaning my dishes, and check my emails. "Holy fuck!" I yell as I see the name Niall Horan attached with a demo of his new song he plans of calling 'Heaven' I turn it on, already having an idea for a drum beat.

It's something I've had lying around hoping I could fit to some of my lyrics, but with a few tweaks and adjusting the drum to the beat of his voice, it'll sound great. By the end of the song I'm wiping tears from my eyes.

I was a huge One Direction fan growing up, so being able to work with him is a real full circle moment. I head to my music room, throwing on my headphones to match up the beat to the drums. When it all starts coming together tears are flowing from my eyes again. It sounds perfect, I'm obsessed with it.

Right when Niall's voice gets a bit higher and sings, "No, it doesn't get better than better than this. God only knows where this could go, but even if our love starts to grow out of control." I hit it heavier on the drums, and it's literal perfection. His voice has matured so nicely, and it sounds like heaven. No pun intended.

My heart feels so happy this worked out and fast. I send Niall a track of what Heaven would sound like with my drums along with a brief message then hitting send.

I have nothing else to do today so instead of just lounging on my couch like I usually do I decide to go to the gym. I quickly ask Theo if he wants to come with me so we can discuss our setlist and get a quick workout in. I pick him up from his apartment and we start talking setlist the minute he gets inside, which I was really excited to do.

"Okay song I know I want to do for sure are 'Beth' by KISS." I put out there, making his gasp and say, "Wait that'd be actually fucking killer." In that car ride we come up with the most perfect set list sure to sweep them off their feet.

We get our workout in, and get a smoothie together before getting back in the car. "Jesus Josephine, who is blowing up your phone?" Theo says using my full name before grabbing my phone and checking the name.

"Who's Jack Hughes?" He smirks, pinching my arm. "Oh fuck." I go to grab my phone from his hand but he moves it farther from me. "No, no, who is he?" He teases me.

"This guy, he asked me to message him when I got home but I never did." I explain to Theo while driving and trying to grab my phone, even though I won't reply now.

"Okay I'll leave it alone for now, but I'll text him for you. What should I say?" He says, as I try my best to figure out the words. "Say, Sorry knocked out, and got busy. I'm all good." Theo sends the message and I leave it at that. I don't respond to the messages Jack sends for the rest of the time I'm in the car.

I get home, throw my keys on the side table, and kick my running shoes off my feet. Jack still clouding my mind. I was hoping working out and music would drown him out but he's all I can think about. I wonder if he's pissed about me not texting him back but I'm too tired to care, and besides some space would be good for us. Right? At least that's what I'll tell myself from now on.

I vow to not text him, or even attend a Devils game until I can think about more than just a hockey player. No reason for me to be feeling like a school girl over a guy I saw at a hockey game once, talked over coffee with once, and took care of me while I was drunk.

I walk to my shower in hopes of ridding my body of all the sweat and thoughts of Jack, but he's something I'm having trouble washing away. With Brendan still texting me, I need more time to fully get rid of him before I even think of Jack in anyway.

Brendan is ghost and he's haunting me. When I broke things off I didn't think he'd be the one asking for me to come back. I know he doesn't want me back, and I know he just likes knowing he has me on a leash. That if he wants me I'll run to help him. Which I don't like.

With my back against my shower, and the warm water dripping onto me I pull my legs up to my chest. No more boys this month. No more, no more, no more. I say to myself. Hoping one of those times it'll stick with me.

A.N// Sorry for such a short chapter, next chapter will be good though! Josie and Theo will be performing at the Devils' gala, with a few more people from Theo's band. :)) Get ready this is a fun one, Love Lottie 💐