Chapter 16 - Expedition: Trouble

On one of the rooftops, Albert was intently keeping an eye on the entrance that both Andrei and Jin entered earlier. Entering a Honkai den was said to be something akin to suicide. Of course, this was quite an exaggeration but it was still extremely dangerous. One wrong step and you could get swarmed in by the Honkai beast

Because of this, Albert was worried about his friends.

However, the danger does not end there.

Noticing something emerging from the entrance, Albert became alert as he slowly put his finger on the trigger. However, he became relaxed quite a bit when he noticed that it was Andrei carrying two unconscious girls on his shoulders and another girl following behind him.

"This is Albert reporting," Albert then picked up his radio and contacted home base. "Andrei and the three Valkyries has come out of the hornet's nest."

After waiting for a while, Victor's voice came through the radio. [What about Jin?]

"He..." Albert paid attention to the entrance once again as he waited for his ninja friend to come out. However, he can't help but tighten his grip as time passed by. "He hasn't come out yet..."

[...] Static only came through the radio.

Jin was an expert escape artist due to him wanting to become a ninja, that they were totally aware. However, that alone wasn't enough to survive inside the Honkai den especially if you are spotted.

The silence of the two continued for a few seconds before both immediately decided to move on to the current problem.

[Here they come] This time, Glynne's voice came through the radio as he immediately warned his peers.

As mentioned earlier, the dangers of a Honkai nest doesn't end with simply entering one and getting surrounded by hordes of honkai.

Like a hornet's nest, if they were disturb, all Honkai beast inside will begin flooding out.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Multiple gunshots reverberated from the downtown area as three Archangel Honkai were chasing after a white-haired girl. The girl tried to impede their speed by shooting at them but her shots mostly missed their targets or were being deflected by the honkai beast's hard exoskeleton.

At this, the girl couldn't help but get frustrated as she continued on running.

[Kiana, go left on the next corner] an emotionless voice came through the white-haired radio.

Kiana followed her teammate's advice as the intersection came into view. As she took a left turn, the sight of a silver-haired girl with a humanoid robot floating on her back greeted her.

"Duck" Bronya warned as Kiana widened her eyes in surprised before quickly diving forward. A cluster of missiles soon flew above her as they clashed with the three Honkai beast that were chasing after her. The Honkai beast were soon engulfed in multiple explosions.

"Ouch!" Unfortunately, a small debris from the explosion flew and hit Kiana on the head. She immediately got up while rubbing her head. "Oi, don't you think you should have warned me about that earlier!" she complained.

"Bronya believes Kiana-idiotka can react in time." Bronya replied.

"That doesn't mean you could just fire at me!" Kiana argued back.

As the two of them argue, one of the Honkai beast who survived Bronya's attack took the opportunity to charge at Kiana.

Fortunately, Kiana heard its wings as she was able to react in time and dodge to the side, causing the Honkai beast to barely miss her. The Honkai beast tried to circle back but Kiana quickly shot one of its wings off.