Chapter 13 - Expedition: Encounter

The Expedition has finally started and the girls entered the old ruined city in a group of three. Kiana, Mei, and Bronya were the fifth squad to enter as they decided to head immediately to the downtown area.

"Bronya, notify us if you pick up any Honkai signatures." Kiana said to the silver-haired girl.

"Mn" Bronya nodded as she observed the holographic screen projected by her bracer.

Kiana tried to take a peek due to curiosity however...

"Ah"

Due to the site's ground being quite uneven and overgrown with foliage, Kiana's foot got entangled on to a vine and caused her to lose her balance.

"Kiana, watch out!"

Fortunately, Mei was able to react in time and caught Kiana in her arms.

"Are you alright?" Mei asked with a concerned voice

"M-Mei..." However, Kiana seemed to in a dazed as her face gradually reddened. It was an unexpected yet a welcomed event. Perhaps getting carried by the atmosphere, Kiana closed her eyes and seemed to be expecting a kiss.

"Enemies detected approximately 500 meters ahead." However, it was interrupted as Bronya informed her teammates about the Honkai beast she detected from her sensors.

Kiana, albeit reluctant, got up from Mei's arms and asked about a situation.

"Detected six presences. Four Archangels and two Chariot Honkai beast." Bronya reported.

"Hmmm," Kiana pondered what to do while crossing her arms.

Archangel and Chariot Honkai beasts were two of the most common types of Honkai beasts. They are also considered the weakest among the types of honkai beast.

However, it would be a mistake to underestimate them because of this. Honkai beasts were still dangerous entities and it would take a couple of soldiers just to deal with one. It was why one must always need proper caution when dealing with them.

Especially now that the ones Kiana and her squad encountered were acting in a group.

"Alright, let's go with this plan!" Kiana exclaimed and shared her thoughts to her teammates.

@@@@@@@@@

Hiding inside one of the still intact buildings, Mei observed the horde of honkai beast below.

Just as Bronya had reported, there were four Honkai beasts that were hovering around by vibrating their six wings and two Honkai beasts with big log-like arms that were in the middle of what seemed like a playful wrestling match.

Mei then moved her gazed to one of the alleyways and locked eyes with her white-haired friend. She signaled something with her hands as Kiana nodded her head.

Kiana then passed the message to Bronya who was hiding on the other side of the street.

After getting the message, Bronya immediately did a quick calculation with her bracer device before closing it. She then used her mechanical leg bracers to hover above the ground and came out of her hiding.

Her presence was soon detected by one of the honkai beast and alerted its friends.

"Kkkuuurrrrrrrr"

Letting out a low growling sound, the Honkai beasts were obviously on guard against the lone human.

"Switching to combat mode. Preparing engagement." Bronya muttered as her eyes shined. Project Bunny 19C then manifested behind her.

The Honkai beasts became alarmed when they sensed honkai energy gathering to the silver-haired girl location. They quickly tried to rush in however... they were too late.