Chapter 1 - Arrival

"Sorry kiddo, but that way is the line."

Right after getting off the ship, the black-haired young man was stopped by a man in a military uniform. The passengers needed to go to a medical screening, especially since they had encountered an honkai invasion along the way. The young man in question seemed like he wanted to skip the progress, and, as such he was stopped.

"Ah, no worries. Here..." As Glynne reached into his pocket, the soldier immediately grabbed his arm.

"If you're planning to bribe us, you should stop now." The soldier warned but the young man didn't seem to care as he brought out a card from his pocket and presented it to him.

"It's nothing like that. Just reaching for my ID." Glynne replied with a somewhat annoyed tone.

"This is... " The soldier proceeded to read the contents of the identification card. "Chevalier? Can't say I heard of it."

A fellow soldier then approached him and whispered something in the man's ear. After hearing it, he seemed to show some interest as he once again faced Glynne.

"Heh, so you're something similar to those Valkyries?" The soldier asked the young man.

"More or less" Glynne replied while shrugging his shoulders. "So is it okay for me to pass here?"

"Hm, seeing that the medical exam is unnecessary for you... You're free to pass." The soldier said after a few moments of consideration.

"Thanks" Glynne gave words of gratitude.

But as the young man was about to pass by the soldier, a commotion occurred from the medical zone. They all turned their heads towards it as they saw a person escaping from the place.

"Stop him!" A person who seemed to belong to the medical staff shouted and pointed at the escaping patient.

The nearby soldiers immediately got into action. However, they were a beat late as the young man passed them and already pinned the patient down on the ground.

"N-NO, I DON'T WANT TO DIE! HELP! SOMEONE HELP ME!" The patient struggled but no matter how much he tried, he could never overpower someone with a stigmata.

"If you don't want to die, don't move." Glynne threatened while strengthening his grip a bit.

"Hiik!" The patient got frightened by the young man's intimidation and quickly quieted down.

Glynne couldn't help but sigh inside, relieved that the patient was still reasonable enough. As he waited for the others, his eyes inspected the pinned-down person.

On their neck running to their lower jaw was a vien-like symbol that lets out an ominous purplish glow.

Honkai energy was dangerous to any human being. When exposed to it for extended periods of time, this could lead to honkai poisoning. The mark on the person's neck was an early indications of it.

Unless one has innate immunity against the honkai like the Valkyries, there's little to no chance of someone surviving once this mark appears. He can say that the person has quite the lucky one though. Most people would just gun them down right after symptoms show itself. Though, he doesn't really know what will happen after this.

"... Sigh, you're quite lucky, huh." Glynne muttered while closing his eyes.

"Good work, Kid." A female voice approached and congratulated the young man on his efforts. The young man in question opened his eyes and turned his head towards her.

There stood a woman with red hair as her golden yellow eyes looked at him.

She was dressed in a black strapless top with a white corset under her red vest. This emphasized her large breasts quite a bit. Completing the look were a black mini shorts and knee-high boots.