Chapter 10 - Expedition: Announcement

Going for a morning jog has been one of his routine as of late. Currently, he was at the lakeside park. He quite liked this place as not only does it offer quite a scenery but the nearby body of water cools the air around, making it quite refreshing to the skin.

That said, those were just the minor things why he liked this place.

After jogging for a while, he saw a familiar girl with a hair tied in a low ponytail. He hastened his pace a bit in order to catch up.

"Mornin' Class President!" Glynne greeted as the girl glanced at him.

"Good morning, Glynne." She greeted back. "By the way, why are you suddenly calling me class president all of a sudden? Just Fu Hua is fine."

"Right... About that—" Glynne trailed off while glancing away. He seemed hesitant but after staying quiet for a while, he made up his mind. "...I guess it's alright if it's private."

"Is it really that hard that you need to think about it?" Fu Hua asked as a bit of displeasure can be seen on her face.

"Well... Did you forget about it already?" Glynne asked as he reminded her about the incident a few days ago. When Glynne called her by her name in class, the whole class immediately swarmed him and began scolding him for being disrespectful. "Seriously, I didn't expect that our Class President is that well-loved. Have you considered running for the Student Council President?"

"... No, it's better to leave that to the young ones." Fu Hua replied in a somewhat elderly tone. Hearing this, Glynne couldn't help but stop on his track. Fu Hua also stopped as she was confused with his actions. "Hm, is there something wrong?"

"No... Just that I didn't think Fu Hua was someone who could crack jokes." Glynne replied while furrowing his eyebrows. "Not gonna lie, that caught me off guard."

"That..." Fu Hua widened her eyes after hearing what Glynne said as she realized her mistake. A tint of red appeared on her cheeks as she seemed to be quite embarrassed about it. "Please, forget about it."

"..." Glynne didn't answer as he stayed quiet while staring at Fu Hua. The usually stern and reliable Class President showing such expressions, it was quite bad for the heart.

"... Hey, say something"

"Ah..." Glynne snapped out of reality when he noticed Fu Hua getting uncomfortable. He scratched his head in awkwardness before trying to find some words to say. "Well, uhmmm... Can you repeat that? I seemed to have blank out for a moment."

"You..." Fu Hua looked at him with narrowed eyes. ".... Nevermind."

Fu Hua let out a sigh before continuing her jog. Glynne was a bit taken back a bit by her action but quickly snapped out of it and catch up to her.

Their previous exchange left a bit of awkwardness between them they just spent jogging together in silence. Glynne wanted to somewhat break the ice but he can't really find any topic to talk about.

"By the way, how have you been lately?" It seemed like Glynne wasn't the only one thinking a way out of the current situation. However, Glynne could only tilt his head in response as he wasn't sure what she was pertaining to. "You know, with the school."

"Ah, well... It's not bad..." Glynne answered vaguely, seemingly reluctant about something.

It's been two weeks since Glynne transferred to St. Freya. He spent most of this time slowly integrating himself with the students.

However, he didn't think it would be quite a challenge. Probably because he's a unique one as this cause the others to treat him differently. He would most likely be isolated at this point if not because of Kiana and her friends.