Part 2

Monique's POV

The bottle of whiskey ended up in front of us at a small table in the back of the bar. We had moved from the bar when we decided to order a lot more than we needed, we wanted pretty much everything on the menu. It has been so long since I enjoyed the company of a male other than sex for a long time. The club members were mostly good guys, but they had their old ladies, or we never really hung out, we hung out in groups, but it always got hectic with the amount the guys would drink and then the club whores would show their face which meant all the decent club members left with their old ladies and their kids. Then that left the club members that would make their old ladies go home so that they could be with the club's whore and when it was that time, they were no longer decent to talk to so I would usually leave with the old ladies.

"What are you thinking about, Sugar?" Brad asked me and it pulled me from my thoughts, taking my glass I finish off my whiskey and pour myself another glass.

"Just family stuff" I say with a weak smile before I take a squid ring and place it in my mouth "We ordered way too much food" I say with a giggle. Brad laughs and nods his head.

"I agree" he says and looks at me with a smirk. I know that look, he has a plan.

"What's the plan?" I ask with a raised eyebrow, and he looks at me a little confused.

"I saw the lightbulb go off inside that handsome head of yours... So, what is it?"

"Aww you think I'm handsome" he says with a wink, and I roll my eyes.

"You know you are handsome, every chick in this bar has checked you out, some have even tried to flirt with you" I say before I place another squid ring in my mouth.

"And you are saying you have not noticed the guys checking you out? Especially that guy in the corner of the bar, his eyes are on you like a hawk" he says with a raised eyebrow.

I look over to where Brad was suggesting, I notice Lewis sitting there with his eyes on me and I roll my eyes and groan.

Standing up, I finish off my full glass of whiskey and look at Brad as I put the glass down "Give me a minute" I say and walk towards Lewis. I stand next to him with my hands on my hips glaring at him and he chuckles.

"Don't" I say firmly.

"I don't know what you are talking about" he says as he turns to face me before standing up, feeling him in my personal space I try not to step back and show that I am scared of him.

"I said no, it is not happening. It never will happen." I say again and I feel his hand wrap around my wrist, flinching at his touch. I know that fear is showing on my face. He leans close to me and whispers in my ear.

"Let us remember I can tell your new friend exactly who you are, think he will still be interested then? You know what I want, so make it happen" he demands.

"Over my dead body" I hear the anger in Brad's voice. Lewis pulls back and looks at me before he turns to Brad with an evil smirk, I feel his grip on my wrist tighten I bite my lip trying not to show any pain.

"I'm only going to ask this once, get your hands off her" he says and steps closer, I could see fear flash in Lewis's eyes, Brad looked scary, all emotions have left his features, where they were warm and welcoming, they were now hard and cold and the look in his eyes was something else, something that I have seen in my brothers eyes when he was about to kill someone.

"Or what?" Lewis asks.

"You really don't want to find out what I am capable of" he says and places his hand on the small of my back, a feeling of safety rushes over me and I frown at the unfamiliar feeling. Lewis looks between us; I could see the fear in his eyes. He lets go of me and looks me dead in the eye.

"This isn't over, you know what I want" he says.

"You won't be getting it from her" Brad says firmly before Lewis walks off and I take a breath I did not realise I was holding. Brad turns and looks at the bar tender.

"Can we please get our meals to go and another bottle of black barrel. Bring it up to my room please" he says and hands him a hundred-dollar bill.

Brad takes my hand in his leading me out of the bar, grabbing my bag on the way out. Walking through the lobby all I could think about was burying my head in this man's chest. I have no idea why he made me feel safe. The last person to make me feel safe was my father, and even that had its limits.