To Much School Spirit

Start from the beginning

Lunch ends soon, where the fuck did you take her Wendy?

What are you playing at?

Stans checked almost the whole school by now. When it occurs to him, there's one place he can't go. One place he's not allowed to follow.

The girls bathroom.

Fuck she's smart..

He runs as fast as his long legs can take him, downstairs, to the first floor restrooms.

He stands by the door with his ear pressed harshly against the wood.

"Everyones calling you that," he hears Wendy say. "The schools slut".

Stan feel his blood boiling and he clenches his fists.

"I mean— I'm sure you know why— holding hands with two boys on your first day? Are you even trying to hide it?"

"What are y"- Stan hears her try.

"Of course, we're not saying that". Bebe speaks. "We're your real friends here. I mean— did you really think the boys actually, wanted to hangout with you"?

"Maybe she's dumb?" Red pipes up.

"Or.. maybe she likes it". Wendy speaks, and Stan can hear the smile on her face even from outside the door.

"Fuck you!" The new girl spits.

"No. Fuck you." Continues Wendy. "Stay away from Stan."

"Drop them, pretty girl, hangout with us instead". Red tells her.

"Or what"? She threatens back at the mean girls.

"Or— we make your life here— hell".

The girls agree as they giggle to each other.

"Keep your legs open, see what happens, bitch".

"I'm not afraid of you.." she stands her ground.

"You should be."

Stan has heard enough.

He runs back into the lunch room again, running faster then he ever has.

He runs up to the guys out of breath practically fuming, screaming at them. Interrupting their conversations.

"Dudes, there totally beating her up in there!"

"W-what"? The boys question.

"Wendy!", He tries to explain, "they're all over her!"

"Vultures!" Kyle yells.

The boys rush out of there seats anger present on their faces. They start to run out the door, but as they get halfway out it, they bump into someone walking back into the lunch room.
=====

"Guys"? I ask as I come face to face with a mob of angry boys.

Immediately the anger dissipates and is quickly reborn into mind confusion as they just stare at me.

Stan rushes up to me and grabs my shoulders, hard.

"Are you okay?" He asks me, practically shaking me.

"Y-yeah, why"?

"Stan said the girls were ganging up on you in the bathroom." Kyle says, concern deeply settled in his words and features.

Shit

"O-h, yeah they just wanted to... talk I guess".

The bell finally rings, after what feels like years of the boys staring at me, and I sigh in relief. I grab onto Kenny and pull him out of the room by the hands, maybe a little harder then I intended. Dragging him to our next class, gym. While leaving the rest of the group behind.

"Mmh." (Hey)

I ignore him.

"Mmh!" (Hey!)

Please just stop talking.

"Mmhhh!" (Dude!)

He stops in his tracks and pulls me back, flipping me around and slamming me into some nearby lockers. He has me pinned with both of his arms next to my head and I gasp. He throws is hood off and looks at me, I can't read his expression. Fear? Concern? Anger? Or maybe Sadness is laced in with all of that.

"What the hell happened in there?" He yells and I flinch at his words.

He sighs and lowers his head. Lowering his volume as his tone shifts to soft and compassionate.

"What— the hell happened in there"? He asks again.

I look around still in his pin.

"Not here".

"What?"

"Not here, come on". I wiggle out of his grasp, and we run inside the gym.

It's a big space, tan floors in the lines of a basketball quart, with high bleachers that could fit the whole school, and then some. The walls have the school mascot painted messily on them, finished with various score boards, and to much school spirit.

No one's in the room yet and I realize I probably have five minutes to explain what happened.

"The girls— they threatened me".

"I'll fucking kill 'em".

"No, Kenny listen to me." I start, "they.." I trail off.

I feel everything, all at once. Way to fast, and my head spins. I'm scared, and I don't know what to say anymore. Water swells in my eyes, as I look to the ground.

I don't know what to say.

He lifts my chin up with his fingers to look at him, noticing my emotions, but I'm embarrassed and I look away.

The girls, they put something in my head. Something I'd never thought about before.

"The school slut"..

The words echo and bounce around my skull like a wave. It's all I can hear, it's all I can feel. It's all I can think about.

The five minute bell rings as people flood into the room.

I can't be seen with him.

I push him away from me, but my strength is gone. It's doesn't do much.

"Slut"

It repeats in my head like a broken record.

I hear the gym teachers yell at us to separate into groups, boys and girls. The boys will be inside the weight room today, and the girls outside.

I quickly run to the other side of the room as I see Cartman walk in. Kenny's about to run after me, when Cartman puts his arm around Kenny, dragging him to the weight room, complaining about something that's obviously upsetting him. He goes on and on but Kenny's not listening he's looking at me. I look away. Kenny puts his hood up and they leave my peripheral.

For the first time in my life, I'm thankful I don't know anyone in this class.