XLIV. valencia stilinski malin

CHAPTER FOURTY FOUR
VALENCIA STILINSKI MALIN

"just buy us more time." scott told isaac and zoey through the phone whilst they drove in zoey's car. blake and theo sat in the back, both worrying about their valencia. "wherever liam and the others are, get them out of there."

"are we buying you time to come up with a plan or to get help?" zoey asked through he phone, driving way over the speed limit.

"both." scott said in a hurry. "blake and theo get to the animal clinic now, we need you." scott told them to which the two boys shared a look, knowing that they're main priority was to protect valencia no matter the cost.

zoey hung up on scott, pressing down on her foot so that the car went even faster, driving the malin and raeken to the animal clinic.

•••••

once theo and blake arrived, valencia turned the sign on the animal clinic so that it was clear the clinic was closed. malia and scott closed all of the binders and all the windows and doors were locked.

"it was literally day one of my internship." stiles began to explain a story. "and up comes this slide about this guy that they've been chasing in the woods in north carolina."

"i thought you were in south america?" malia questioned, looking over at her cousin, derek in confusion.

"i was." derek confirmed with a nod of his head. "the bodies of the werewolves i told you about, they blamed me." derek explained and looked around at each of member of the pack infront of him.

"so i learn that the FBI has cornered this feral mass-murdering unsub-" stiles was quickly cut off.

"i found a group of hunters gathering in a meeting place. i was trying to get information."  derek corrected him and threw his arms across his chest.

"well the FBI found out about it too and they were planning a SWAT assault to take him down. dead or alive." stiles stood up straight. "and, as we know though. with derek, it's preferably dead."

"preferably." derek nodded his head and valencia chuckled up at the hale beside him who looked over at her with a sweet smile, happy to see her again.

"so i convinced them to take me on the field OP." stiles added.

"you convinced the FBI to bring an intern onto an extremely dangerous field operation?" lydia asked the boy with slight proudness over her face.

valencia reached her arm across the table, holding her hand out. "that's my brother!" valencia exclaimed, proud of the boy. stiles high-fived valencia with a grin and she stood up straight again, leaning into theo's side.

"i'm surprised he didn't convince them he could lead it." derek muttered with a nod.

"i tried. didn't work." stiles shrugged his shoulders, slightly disappointed. "anyway, long story short. i basically, you know, saved his life." stiles pointed over at derek who shook his head knowingly.

"that's not how it happened." derek told the pack with narrowed eyes at the human boy who lied.

"yeah, i may have left out a detail, but that's the gist of what happened." stiles nodded his head, biting down on his lip, expecting everyone to cheer him on. but everybody could see past his lie, knowing if anything stiles was probably saved from the situation. "it was the essential essence of it."