Chapter 6: Minotaurus

Minotaurus 🐂

Minotaurus was an ancient Greek hero, who once protected the ancient world. He was a champion of the masks - a brave, courageous hero with a strong resolve in his heart to fight.
He fought for the honour of the trinity as he was their chosen champion.

Everything changed for him when he was sent to steal the staff from Tovenaar, as it was a weapon of destruction. But he was banished by Tovenaar as a result. He was trapped in a coffin, cursed to sleep for centuries.

Hippo would receive the broken staff, that has since became a wand. Minotaurus would awake from his slumber with one common goal - to retrieve the wand to stop the destruction it'll bring and get revenge on Tovenaar. He is what they call misunderstood. He is made out to be a villian who betrayed the trinity, but in reality, he is trying to do what is right..

He hates Tovenaar with all his guts. He blames him for his banishment and seeks revenge.

He can easily go into fits of blind rage and become hot-tempered. The only person that can tame and calm him down is Leeuw.

He can mow someone down with his horns if he isn't careful. He fears of killing someone with his strength.

He loves rum, Greek mythology and gladiatoral fights.

He is the polar opposite of Leeuw, as he hates parties. He doesn't like being the centre of attention as much as his partner. He is mostly serious and finds trouble in understanding sarcasm and jokes. He never cracks a smile like his other friends do. He is a constant partypooper.

He challenges Leeuw to friendly gladiatorial fights to see whose the strongest out of the two. Minotaurus always bests him however.

He says he hates singing, but in reality he's got a beautiful, operatic voice he tends to hide.

Minotaurus and Leeuw are opposites attract. Minotaurus is the straight man to Leeuw's crazy persona.

Minotaurus was at first oblivious to Leeuw's feelings for him, as he just seen the lion as a rascal and a friendly rival. The both of them save each other's lives so many times that his longing for him begins to grow.

Minotaurus loves a challenge, he is willing to take part in a fight with anyone or anything. He considers it a sport.

Minotaurus is an anti-hero, he takes the law into his own hands. He does what he believes is right to take Tovenaar down.

He suffers from insomnia as he fears of going to sleep and never waking up after his punishment. Instead, he spends his nights training to keep Leeuw and all of the masks safe.

He likes spending time at bars, drinking rum when he feels down.

His best friends are Hippo, Raaf, Vlinder, Kosmos and Foxy Lady.

His boyfriend is Leeuw, he loves him dearly but struggles to communicate his feelings forward because he has so much aggravation in his heart.

He teaches Hippo about Greek Mythology and the gods. He is very knowledgeable on the subject and gives them texts and artefacts to study. He likes sculptures being made of him and gets Hippo to build them.