Chapter 4: Hippo

Hippo 🦛

Hippo is a artistic and warm soul who loves dancing and art. Hippo is non-binary and goes by they/them pronouns.

Hippo is considered an apostate to their tribe and was sadly ostracised for being gender neutral. Living alone in the streets, they are taken in by Leeuw who take them under his wing and does anything to help them. He becomes their best friend, a brother figure and helps them rediscover their passions.

They have a dream of becoming a ballerina dancer. They like when everything is according to plan. They decorate Leeuw's party mansion with their artwork and keeps everything clean.

Hippo is known for being a really good dancer and a maestro at karaoke. They always drag Leeuw along on stage to perform with them, who frankly loves the attention.

They bring out the best in Leeuw. Leeuw encourages them to be their true self while Hippo encourages him to be open about his sexuality and to flirt with whoever he wants. Leeuw and Hippo have a sibling relationship, they confide in each other about everything. Leeuw is Hippo's hero and they admire him greatly.

Hippo secretly loves rock music and dances around to it constantly. Their favourite artist is Marilyn Manson.

One day, Hippo discovers a magical wand that has the power to make any dreams come true. They are able to wield the magical artefact because they are pure of heart. This puts them at odds with The Minotaurus as he is searching for that certain weapon and considers it dangerous to humankind.

They know Leeuw has a crush on Minotaurus and regularly teases him about it.

Unlike other hippos, they are scared of the water. This is due to Hippo's tragic upbringing and the prejudice they faced. Despite all of the hardship they had to deal with, Hippo is still a kindred spirit and treats everyone with kindness and joy.

Hippo is a cinnamon roll and must be protected at all costs.