Worst Enemy

Brake returned back to his tent . Removed his coat and unbuckled his sword belt .
He hung the coat and belt onto a chair kept aside .

Paul asked worriedly
"sir , what happened, is there any unusual movement? "
duke's expression clearly showed he was disappointed in something , he spoke
"no.... I just heard some noise , I must be mistaken .You can continue with your report . "

Paul opened his file again and started reporting " There was a man's corpse found from where one end of the scream was heard , but there was no evidence found from the other side . the corpse found was of a man, who had a tattoo on his hand ,below his shoulder . the tattoo was a circle with a square shape in it . "

Brake heard the report and spoke.....
" Paul you need to investigate this tattoo and also you need to check if there is any traces of magic left in this area. Be careful not to come in direct contact with suspicious objects .Alway be wary of unknown items as it may have curse left on it .
We will go further ahead into the forest after two days of recuperating. Let all the knights rest and get back to health "
Paul nodded and answered
"yes my lord ,i will be carefull and warn the knights . ."
Brake furrowed his forehead and said " Dont report to the knights about the suspicion of black magic being used lately . Though i trust my subordinates even trees and wind have ears so you should not trust anyone do you understand?"
paul understood now it was not a small issue .He nodded and promised to keep the secret of curse under cover .
Duke ordered " you may leave , go and take rest."
" yes my lord , good night "....saying this paul left .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Duke was all alone in his tent , he unbuttoned his shirt that was socked in blood stains . He walked towards the side table .....sighed ...."haaa , what all is comming ahead . I am worried about this nation's safety ..."
He washed his face in a bowl of cold water kept on the side table .His face was sparkling as the cold water droplets dripped down drop by drop , he took a 'white snow' soft fur towel and wiped his face . He looked clean and handsome ...
His cold aura filled the whole room .
His unbuttoned shirt exposed his strong muscular, manly body which was covered with healed scars . His body was like a perfectly chiseled statue of greek god . His sharp jawline and high nose made him look distant from worldy beings . The shimmering yellow lamp light gave the night a mysterious touch , cold breeze blew into the tent . He walked to his bed , layed down . His head rested on his muscular arms . Each muscles on his hand aligned as it was an art work of 'Michelangelo di Lodovico '.
He was staring to the ceiling ...
His thoughts were all about the beauty who came to their rescue , who suppoerted his back when he fought the evil beast .....

"who could she be ? ...
she was so talented . No one must have thought of using wind element to cut evil beasts . Why ?why did she run away from me ? Will i be able to see her again? " thinking this he drift of to sleep .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helen had already travelled far from the duke's camp site . She tied the horse onto a tree and fed it grass she collected on the way . She sat down on a plane surface leaning her back on a tree .
HELEN had collected some water from the stream near the camp site before leaving . She took out the bottle and drank some cold water.
She then lifted her bottle and poured some water directly onto her face . The bloodstains on her face was washed away with the cold fresh water . Helen felt refreshed and clean . She washed her hands and opened her bag , took out a peice of bread and munched on it .
Helen thought...
"hmm... its much better now , those blood stains made me uncomfortable...
ughhh i was really hungry too ....
(taking out another peice bread from her bag)
hmmm... Duke Brakinson ,he was a really good fighter . I am still in awe about how he took all the evil beast with few swings of his sword . .... His fire elemental skills are no joke either ....He is one of the best ally and that makes him one of the worst and dangerous enemy ..I should never make him my enemy ,if i want peaceful days ahead in my life .
Anyway it was interesting to fight along his side , I wish I could know more about him soon . ..."
saying this Helen climbed onto a wide tree branch and laid ..she mutered ....." I should return back to the duchy and check out my dear Lusav ... I miss him ....." she drifted off to sleep.

Follow webnovel link for faster updates - *Death Queen becomes rich villianess*