The Exorcism

Matthew Abraham McColl was a retired priest, known for his expertise in exorcisms

Matthew Abraham McColl was a retired priest, known for his expertise in exorcisms. He had dealt with all kinds of demons and spirits during his years of service, but he thought he had left those dark times behind. However, his peace was disturbed when he received a letter from a secret order called The Brotherhood of the Rose, a branch of the Vatican that dealt with the most serious and deadliest demons and spirits.

Matthew opened the letter, and his heart skipped a beat when he read the contents. The letter asked him to come out of retirement and assist in a case in England, Staffordshire. The letter stated that a demonic spirit had taken possession of a young woman and was summoning more spirits into the world. The house was ridden with poltergeist activity, and the family had tried everything in their power to rid themselves of the evil entity but to no avail. The letter continued to state that the Brotherhood of the Rose believed that Matthew was the only one who could help them, and they were willing to pay him a considerable amount of money for his services.

Matthew was hesitant at first, but he felt compelled to help. He decided to travel to England and confront the demonic spirit head-on. As he boarded the plane, he couldn't shake off the feeling that he was being watched. He said a silent prayer and hoped that his faith would protect him from the evil that awaited him.

When he arrived in Staffordshire, he was greeted by the head bishop of the Brotherhood of the Rose, Father Thomas. Father Thomas was an elderly man, but he had a firm grip on his cane, which he leaned on heavily as he walked towards Matthew.

"Father McColl, I presume," Father Thomas said as he extended his hand.

"Yes, that's me," Matthew replied as he shook Father Thomas's hand.

"We're grateful that you could make it," Father Thomas said as he led Matthew towards his car.

Matthew noticed that Father Thomas was wearing a silver amulet around his neck, which he assumed was for protection. He looked around and saw that the surrounding area was desolate, and there were no signs of life.

As they drove towards the remote house, Father Thomas filled Matthew in on the details of the case. "The family has been tormented by the demon for months now. They've tried everything, but the entity keeps coming back. The family has been forced to leave their home and seek refuge with their relatives. We're their last hope, Father McColl."

Matthew nodded, and a wave of anxiety washed over him. He hadn't performed an exorcism in years, and he hoped that he was still up to the task.

As they approached the house, Matthew felt the temperature drop, and he could feel the weight of the entity's presence. The house looked abandoned, and it was as if it was waiting for them.

 The house looked abandoned, and it was as if it was waiting for them