I - Anthony Lockwood

Daniel sighed, running her hands over her face as she looked down at the papers in her hand. She held mail from multiple agencies asking for for her to join them, Rotwell being the one on top of the stack. She was genuinely considering it, knowing that Rotwell paid well and had a good reputation. They were the second highest ranked agency, after Fittes, of course. It had only been a week since she resigned from the agency and already she was getting notices all the way from Liverpool. Seems that's what you get with a reputation like hers and a legacy lineage. 

The brunette stood up and looked around her flat for anything to eat. She quickly noticed that, other than Coco Pops and a sad looking apple, she was entirely out of any food. Daniel pulled on a pair of black boots and the purple jumper she was nearly always in, and slipped out of the flat. She walked down the road, heading for the closest grocer. She had the palm of her hand rested against her rapier out of habit, her other hand was shoved into her pocket to avoid the cold. Daniel went through the store with a friendly smile, shoving random ingredients that she knew she'd end up using to cook. She knew better than to grab extra ingredients, not wanting to waste money nor food.

Daniel reached for a box of peppermint tea. Though, even on her toes, Daniel couldn't quite grab it. She was too short. The brunette watched as a boy around her age came over, easily grabbing the box of tea she had been reaching for. His brown hair was short and side swept, nose held a slight bump, and his jaw was angled. "Peppermint?" The brunet scrunched his face up, looking down at Daniel with a small smile. He tapped his finger against the box, the ring on his middle finger scrapping against the cardboard. "Really? You fancy peppermint tea?"

"Yeah, so? What's it to you?" Daniel scoffed, rolling her eyes slightly. She didn't necessarily intend to be rude to the stranger, she just wasn't in the mood to be ridiculed for her taste in tea. She went back to reaching for the yellow box once again. The man beside her laughed, dropping the peppermint tea into her basket. "Thanks." She gave him a tight smile, going to brush past him. He chuckled, watching the girl walk down the aisle. Daniel brushed the interaction off, deciding that it wasn't worth a thought. She went to checkout, scanning for her items and leaving the store.

She went home, unpacking her groceries. Once she sat back at her table with a cup of hot tea and a sandwich that she had thrown together, she picked up the post from Rotwell. They wanted to send her on a solo trial assignment that night. It was a simple type two in an old house, only one source. The brunette walked over to her phone on the wall, dialling in the number written at the bottom of the job flyer, just above the 'thank you for your consideration' note. After only two rings someone picked up on the other line. "Hello, this is Jordan Sallow with Rotwell Agency. How may I help you today?"

Daniel took in a sharp breath, biting her tongue before she spoke. "Yes, hello Jordan. This is Daniel Aiken. I was offered a trial assignment for your agency, I was just calling to say that I would love to accept the offer."

"Oh, Agent Aiken! Yes, yes. Of course. Thank you for calling. Uhm. . .You should have all the information for the job on the letter you got in the post. They want for you to bring the source back here if you decide to take the job, just so we know that you contained the source. We know this is a bit unconventional for an interview, but given your previous employment, we would simply like to see how you handle yourself in the field."

"Of course. I'll bring it by tonight." Daniel sighed, hanging the phone back on the receiver. She shook her head slowly, frowning. "Am I really just going to another big agency?" Her words came out as a grumble She ran a careful hand through her hair before walking back over to her table.

————————————————————————————————