The long road to paradise

Edit Chapter
Chapter 34: The long road to paradise

Notes:

If you all think I'm done killing, think again
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text
The sun was slowly starting to sink down to the horizon—long experience has taught them that twilight was one of the best hours to venture out.

"You all are leaving?" Viney said.

'Yes,' ava answered as she looked to see the pups sniffing at the river's edge. 'There will be fewer mouths for everyone to feed, and more room for you guys.' She looked back to her and said, 'Besides, it's not like we'll be saying goodbye forever. We'll just be heading to another forest to the north. I'm sure that we'll meet up again real soon.'

Luz went over and rubbed her head against the pups.

'Your brothers are going to be as reckless as your father someday,' luz whispered to Yuki. 'Make sure you keep them in line.'

'We'll miss you auntie!' she cooed and luz was tempted to go with them.

"WAIT!

Everyone stops and turns around to see Oswald running towards them.

Dad!?

Dad!?

"Don't make rash decisions about leaving." Oswald pants. Belos or his soldiers is most likely to pick you off one by one."

Owen glares. "Then what do you think we should do?"

"I'll escort you all to paradise, my clan can help protect you all."

Everyone was a little nervous but Luz spoke up.

"Everyone I've been to paradise, let's follow my father."

___________________________

Hunter in his human form opened his eyes, and rolled over, noticing the witch girl named willow was staring at him.

( yes he has clothes on. A white shirt and blue shorts. Don't get any ideas. )

He towards the clean white walls of the room, and then for the umpteenth time, wondered. The question came into his mind, a seemingly simple one.

Why am I here...? Or rather... why am I still here?

He lifted his head. His wounds still ached, yet he found that if he tried, he could stand and hold his weight.