My love for him, not him|8|

|1| I remember the day I met Aiden. It was last year when he turned 18. I always had mixed feelings. Zayn has always loved him but I've never. Aiden was always the smart-ass and bubbly guy which is my type but there are 2 major problems, he's a beta and can't conceive, and that's why I've always preferred Elio. He's bubbly, cute, smart, small, submissive, and generally a better mate. Even though I thought this, I still gave up my first kiss and virginity to Aiden but that was mostly because of Zayn. Aiden will be gone for about a month and that will give me time to develop a bond with Elio.

|2|"Baby~" I heard a voice coo. Aiden was latching onto my arm. "Hm?" Aiden pouted and sighed. "Aren't you sad I'm gonna be gone for a month?" He whined. "Of course," I reassured him as I kissed his cheek. Lies. "Aiden, you should really go." I gave him a small smile. He nodded and let go, clutching his luggage. "Don't miss me too much!" He yelled as he blew a kiss. I don't intend on it. I left the airport and drive back to the main house.

|3| it was now 8:15 and now was the usual time I and Elio would hang out but because Erix is in control, we can't hang out. Erix is probably obsessing over the new guy. I'm a better mate for Elio anyways.

|5| I headed to my room and did my nighttime routine. Soon I headed to bed. As morning came, I was up at 6:15. I headed down to the kitchen and saw Torin, one of my best friends. He was eating an apple while on his phone. "Hey, Darrin." He mumbled and I gave him a small wave. "How's Aiden? He went to Malaysia right?" He asked and I sighed. "Don't ask me about him." I growled "Yeah, yeah. Sorry." He apologized.

|6| Soon the door opened and In came Arlo, Torin's mate. "Torin! When's the pack run?!" He yelled. "In 3 months, babe." He answered, still not looking up from his phone. "Oh hey, Darrin! How are you and Aiden?" I was getting kinda pressed about how everyone was asking me about Aiden. "I'm fine and so is he." I said. Arlo smiled at me before leaving the room.

|7| "You're lucky you have a mate you like" I commented as I walked to the fridge for a snack. "Darrin, you and Aiden are made for each other. He may not be what you were expecting but you should at least put some effort into the relationship..." He said lowly, making sure Noone that wasn't us wouldn't hear. "Putting in effort isn't gonna make him what I want." I spat and I heard a deep sigh. Torin was about to say something else when Arlo busted into the room. "Torin!" He yelled. Torins head whipped to see his mate. I turned to see as well. "Look what my Mom sent us!" He squealed as he lifted a baby onesie.

|8| it was an assortment of earthy colors with a wolf howling in the middle. Torin snickered. "That's what the little guy's wolf is gonna look like." Torin said as he walked up to Arlo. "Hey, it could be a girl!" Arlo yelled. "Eh. Unlikely." Torin mused as he grabbed the baby onesie. There was only one thing I was feeling; Envy. I slammed the fridge door shut and exited the room. For my whole life, I've wanted a family to call my own. A family that consisted of Me, my mate, and 2-3 kids. But the moon goddess just had to give me a beta as a mate. And what makes it better is that it's not even a warrior, Aiden is a healer wolf who doesn't hunt.

|9| a pack hierarchy is

Alpha

Luna

Past Alpha and Luna

Alpha's siblings & siblings in law

Beta/Second in charge

Healers & Medics

Gamma

Delta

Head warrior (My dad and soon-to-be me)

Warriors

Elders

Service helpers (People who take care of pups, events, garden, and more)

Pups

|10| As an Alpha, I should be the higher rank. I'm not saying healers shouldn't be praised for whatever they do it's just that medics are under direct pack law and most of them are so self-entitled. Even if they are an omega they don't need to submit to anyone. Exceptions are Alpha and Luna.

|11| Healers don't hunt which makes me wonder how they are werewolves. They are human-washed. So there's no reason for me to show wild affection for him if he isn't gonna return it. And since Aiden is a healer, he has no muscle and no combat skills. If he ever got in a fight with a Rouge he'd die so what's the point in wasting my time? At least Elio can fight.

|12| "Don't compare my mate with that omega." Zayn hissed and I rolled my eyes. I headed over to the bigger kitchen where food was gonna be served. I got a plate that was covered and took the cover off. Eggs, pancakes, and bacon. I covered it back up and walked back to my room where I ate. I checked my phone and saw a message from Aiden. "I'm on the plane! It's so nice here! I hope you slept well <3. 😘" I grimaced. "Love you, hope the flight isn't taking too much out of you," I replied back. Zayn must've been chatting with Arien.

|13| I turned off my phone when I heard a knock on my door. I opened the door and saw my love, Elio who was smiling at me. I leaned against the doorframe with a smirk. "What are you doing so early?" I asked. "Erix gave me control while sleeping... Can I come in." I let him in and he sat on my bed. I closed the door and sat on the bed with my arms open. Elio sat on my lap and cuddled with me. I gave him a kiss on the cheek with made him smile.

|14| "Shouldn't you be with... Ren?" I guessed his name. "Fuck him..." Elio groaned. As he held me tighter. Our fingers intertwined and we just stayed there for a moment. I could already feel the mate bond developing with Elio. Soon enough Elio and I will be together...

 Soon enough Elio and I will be together

ʜᴇʟʟᴏ! ʜᴏᴡ ᴡᴀꜱ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴀʏ?

|

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ?

|

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴇᴅ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀꜱ, ᴛᴏʀɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʀʟᴏ?

|

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏꜰ ᴅᴀʀʀɪɴ

|

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏꜰ ᴀɪᴅᴇɴ?

Have a good day or night?