New Friend |5|

Ren's POV

|1| Mrs.Varrey pulled me into a room and sat me down on a chair. I looked around and saw multiple bottles of what looked like shampoo and conditioner. I also saw combs and brushes.

|2| I don't understand what she means by my hair. It looks okay. I've had it like this since I left Mrs.Magic. I could tell it was tangled though.

|3| I didn't recognize the chair I was in. It was like a normal chair except it had a footrest. Mrs.Varrey was searching for something in her cupboards, so I stayed still.

|4|After a few seconds, I heard her walk back. "Well darling, we are gonna detangle this forest!" She said. Mrs.Varrey started taking out the messed-up braids. There was a mirror in front of me so I could watch the whole thing

|5| After everything was taken out all I had left was Afro. "Alright! Time to wash!" Mrs.Varrey announced cheerfully. The whole time this was happening, there was music in the room.

|6| I liked the song. It reminded me of the music my mom would play for me when he was back from work. I enjoyed it fully.

|7| my body jumped as I felt cool water hit my scalp. "Sorry if I startled you.". I hummed as the top of my head got fully submerged in water. After a bit, It was relaxing. "Close ya' eyes darling." She instructed and I closed my eyes.

|8| Soon she started scrubbing my hair. "Darling, has anyone done your hair before?" She asked. "Um... Mom and Mrs.Magic have done my hair. Mom would usually canerow it every 2 weeks." I answered.

|9| "Where's your mom and Mrs.Magic now?" She asked again. My mood dropped instantly. "Um... Mrs.Magic lives in the woods with Penelope. Mom passed away when I was 9." I mumbled.

|10| Mrs.Varrey quickly got off the topic. "So you say canerows. Are you from the Caribbean? Because in Africa we usually use cornrows." She asked. "I was born in the red claw clang which was in New York. But mom always said I was Jamaican and Canadian." I answered.

|11| The music soon got more slow and calm as the song changed. "Baby I belong... with you and only you~" The radio sang. The water ran through my hair.

|12| "If you were born in New York, how are you in Virginia?" Mrs.Varrey asked worriedly. "A lot of running..." I muttered. After a few minutes she was down washing my hair and it felt amazing. It made me so much more at peace. "When you were out, did you shift into your human form a lot?"

|13| I shook my head. I never shifted as I was afraid of being attacked. Whenever I had my heats I always hid in a cave or a hotel because I was not trying to get raped as I've had enough of that since I was 9 until 17 and city wolves have much more decency than Pack or wild wolves.

|14| "No wonder you don't have lice or anything crawling up here!" She said, clearly impressed. I felt something like the shampoo but I was nowhere near a sink. It was a hair moisturizer. She rubbed that into the scalp and started parting my hair.

|15| She combed my hair out and did a cane row that started from my hairline to the back of my scalp. She did that with the rest of the hair and then put some type of oil on it.

|16| "Ta-da!" Mrs.Varrey showed me my hair and I smiled lightly. It looked like the way mom used to do it. This was more neat and tidy while moms were messy but in his defense, he had straight hair and he was 26 while I was 8. And when I was 8, boy was I active...

|17| My head stung a little but that was normal when getting canerows. It would hurt a lot more if I didn't have the hair type for it. I touched the ends. "Now, every 2 weeks and I'll do your hair as you are new here!" She said and I nodded. She took off the matt-like thing that was on me. I got up and she dismissed me,.

|18| I walked out and didn't see Elio. "Oh great. Now I need to find my way back..."

ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ!

|

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ?

|

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀᴅɪᴏ?

|

ᴡᴇ'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴇɴ ᴀ ʙɪᴛ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴏꜰ ʀᴇɴꜱ ᴘᴀꜱᴛ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏꜰ ɪᴛ?

|

ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴅᴀʏ ᴏʀ ɴɪɢʜᴛ!