part 2..

"Will you stop shouting, aunty? Don't worry, i will give this baby to any orphanage or somewhere and no police will invade your house. The weather was bad and it was not safe for him to be left alone in a road. So i bought him for the time being." She told and moved to her room.

It was the smallest room in the house she was given but she was still thankful. It was better to live here than in stations. She sat on her bed thaf was set on the ground and crossed her legs, keeping the child on her lap.

"Do not cry, baby. Its gone. The aunty is gone. No one will shout on you. You are strong right?" She cooed, patting him but he cried harder.

"He must be angry, neeti." She looked at her grandpa and he nodded. "Kids in this age, are either hungry or sleepy. I think, he is hungry."

"But what will he have? He can't have anything in this young age." She asked.

"Yes, he can only have his mother's milk but we can give him cow milk for now." She nodded and placed the child on the bed but her grandpa stopped her.

" Give him to me, then go. He is already crying and its not wise to leave him like this." He spoke, forwarding his arms to take the baby and she did as he told.

She bought some lukeworm milk and fed the boy with a spoon. The baby stopped crying and soon he slept. Neetika smiled seeing him.

"Will you really leave him in an orphanage?" Her grandpa asked as she went to close the windows to prevent the cold breeze come in.

"I will."

"But, what if they are same like yours? The baby will suffer." His voice was gloomy and sad. Neetika kneeled beside him and caressed the baby's head.

"I will examine it well before. Then, there must be various NGOs these days, who will be safer. We cannot keep it, its impossible."

"Your grandma said same, when i bought you." She snapped her eyes to her grandpa and looked at him in his eyes.
"She said, we are too old to take care of you. Our child, Jignesh, was not ready because he had a boy as well. But i kept you. See, aren't you living better now?"

"Maybe. But its different now. I was fifteen when you took me here and he is still one month old. There are his needs which we can not fulfill."

"But what if he bears the same life as you did? I have seen you weeping for the children begging in street, thinking you could be one of them if you did not stood up. Will you tolerate if this boy also lives that life?"

She didn't had answer to that. Her silence was itself an answer.

"You do what you want, things are reallh different. When i bought you, i used to get my pension but now Jignesh takes it away as a rent of you living here. I do not have problem because you provide me with the medications and the necessities. Decision will be yours." He said, passing the baby with his shuvering hands and Neetika immediately took the hold of baby, afraid if grandpa might drop.

"I'm going to give him away. He needs someone who understands his needs and i am not included in it. His education and his expenses are clearly not affordable for me. " She said when she heard the doors of her room to be closed.

Her grandpa didn't asked her why she was late. He knew it must be an emergency and he believed her.

Her stomach grumbled with hunger, given the last meal she had at 8 p.m. when her boss ordered a sandwich and a coffee for her. Her boss was gentle and softer.

_____

After preparing the breakfast for the house, Neetika left immediately at 9 a.m. . She had looked for various orpahanages in the town and made a list taking high ratings and the feedback under consideration. She had applied for a day off in her office.