"I could use the comapny"

He sat down at the table and invited you to sit, instead you leaned up against the counter with one arm crossing your body and the other holding the small glass to your mouth and taking a sip. You swirled the liquid in your mouth appreciating the fiery sensation of the whiskey coat your breath. You swallowed feeling the addicting warm sting flow down your throat. "You have good taste Javier Peña" you took the glass out of your mouth and played with the glass and admired the fiery drink. "Thank you, I collect in my very limited free time." You raised your brows and took another sip of the drink. "What do you do for work." He sighed and leaned back into the couch, "I'm a DEA agent, working to kill Escobar hopefully, drowning my self in files and getting no where." Your eyes widened slightly and looked around the room and letting a subtle "hm" escape your lips. "I'm busy a lot to getting days where I can get off mildly early is sometimes nice." He took a sip from his glass and set it down on the table. "So, what do you do for work." You scoffed and rolled your eyes looking down at your feet, then looking up at him. "Well, most money is daddy's but, I am a secretary for the US embassy here in Columbia right now. So I'm not going anywhere any time soon." His brows lifted, "how come I never see you when I go over there for work." You shrugged, "I work in the back most of the time sorting files and if not that then I'm taking calls for the boss man and or doing his coffee runs." He leaned forward in his chair grabbing his drink. "Huh. Well when do you work.", "mostly during the week but I take weekends and Monday off for me time. Partying, drinking, men ect. I don't have it, but daddy's money isn't gonna be there forever." You took another sip of your drink finishing it and setting the empty cup in the sink. You looked behind you to watch Javier finish his drink and walk up next to you to put it in the sink. "You working tomorrow?" You asked him rinsing out the glass. "It's Sunday so maybe not. I usually take those days off to say home all day and sort though files or go into the phone companies and demand to listen to recordings from this week." You shrugged and turned to face him with your arms crossed. "Do you wanna go out tomorrow, dinner? Drink? Dancing maybe." You raised a brow and smiled. He rubbed the back of his neck. "Uh, maybe- if I get done and still feel like I want to talk to you then sure." You scoffed, "what would make you want to talk to me?" He stepped back from you leaning up against the counter and crossed his arms. "You're mildly funny, and have good taste in whiskey." You laughed, "that's it?", "yup" he took a deep inhale of his cigarette, "you're simple." He shrugged and walked you to his door and you stepped out turning to face him as he leaned against the door frame. "Well, thank you for dinner and a drink. It was very good.", "anything for my favorite neighbor." Your eyes widened and you smiled, "oh so I'm your favorite neighbor now?" He smiled and cocked his head to the side, "yeah I'd say. But don't get too comfortable." You stepped back joking offended and laughed. "Good night Javier." He nodded his head and shut the door. You heard the doors lock click and you walked back to your apartment. Feelings flooded your mind about Javier. He was charming and had a decent sense of humor but it felt he was holding something back about him self. Did he just wanna sleep with you? Possibly, I mean who could blame him you where attractive, and funny with lovely features that where sculpted so delicately. It was a common Occurrence for men to flirt with you at the clubs or even on your way to the market to get the essentials for your every day life. Javier was quite the charmer but you where hesitant, mostly due to his magnet that women would constantly gravitate towards. You couldn't blame them and he wasn't Interested in them anything more than just sex. But you over thought if he saw you the same way.

"Hey watch where your going." You left a slight bump against your shoulder, a women with long dark hair and tanned skin made eye contact with you. Her nails red like roses and her body long and curved at all the right spots. Her dark eyes darted across your body. "I'm sorry I was just walking back to my apartment room." She scoffed and walked down the hall way. You opened the door but stopped and looked back where she was standing in a familiar spot. You looked and saw the door open and she walked in. Your stomach tightened with over thought and annoyance. You went over there just moments ago and had dinner and a drink. Are you kidding me? Was all he wanted to do was have sex so did he just call a hooker to replace you. You walked inside and slammed the door. You walked to your bed and laid on the edge with your legs hanging off starting up at the ceiling. You weren't even dating him, why did you care? You're life was perfectly fine without him in it. He was older and just wanted to have someone around. You assured your self as the strong and independent women you are that every women does before or after a mental break down. You sat up and walked to your kitchen and sat up on the counter and pressed your ear to the wall to see if you could hear anything. Javier was at least two doors down from you and the walls where mildly thin. All you could hear was the conversation of the neighbors talking about the racket next door and the muffled noises of thuds and groans. You slid off the counter and walked back to your room to your bathroom. You turned on the shower and waited for the water to get warm. You undressed gently setting your clothes on the sink counter next to the shower. You pulled your hair back as you started at your self in the mirror. You cupped your face with your hands and pulled down and rubbed your eyes. You used your foot to test the temperature of the water and fixed it properly. You stepped in and let the hot water coat your delicate skin. You always liked the water boiling hot that it felt like you where being cooked alive. Also it helped calm you and was quite relaxing. You pulled your hair up and you let the water cover the rest of your body and reaches down to lather up with the soap that was on the wall indent. You took your loofa and lathered up with the soap gently creating a thin layer on your skin. You washed off and used cash wash and scrubbed your face with it making sure to get in each of the little wrinkles in your face. You turned the water off and opened the shower door to grab your towel to dry your body off. You stepped out and went though your drawers to do your skin care. After you walked to your bedroom and opened your drawers to search for pj's, tonight it was sweats and a sports bra. You where about to cozy up and then you heard a knock at your door. You threw on the closet sweatshirt and opened the door.