59• |Impassioning commitments|

Zacznij od początku

Nandini wanted to do something special for him and also to make this day memorable because they had taken a huge step in their relationship. She couldn't think of anything nonetheless she asked her manager for a switch in her shift so that she'd at least be able to go back home when Manik gets back from his work. She could figure out what to do later when she'd actually be at home. She was confident that something will come to her mind. 

"Alice!" Nandini snapped out of her reverie when Manik yelled at her through the phone.

"Sorry! I... I have no excuse. I was lost in some thoughts." Nandini told him earnestly making him chuckle slightly. Manik did not know what exactly her thoughts were but he was aware that today was a day that could overwhelm her. He knew that because it was what he felt. Both of them had never lived with any of their partners and they were doing this when they had been dating for less than a year. It was a significant step and if they have made a rushed decision then it had the potential to destroy something perfect for them. He did not want that to happen but he could not stop himself from doing this either. Irrespective of all the inhibitions, deep down living together seemed like the right thing to do and this felt like the apt time as well.

"Is the restaurant busy today?" Manik asked her as he locked the door to their apartment. He had booked a cab to his office that was waiting for him at the gate which reminded him that he might need a car or bike. He couldn't possibly keep borrowing her car every time he needed a ride.

"Not that much... It's more busy in the evenings. Right now, there's like eight people in the restaurant." Nandini told him in a bored tone. She was used to the busier shifts because ROB was mostly full in the evenings. Comparatively, morning shift seemed like a snooze fest because half the time she was just lazily scrolling through her phone.

"Then you probably won't mind a ninth person in there who wants to talk to you... right?" Manik asked her rhetorically thus confusing her in the process.

"Huh? What do you mean? Who wants to talk to me?" Nandini questioned with confusion written all over her face.

"Since you've been avoiding your 'close' not best friend, he asked me about your whereabouts today. So, you should see him entering your restaurant in like fifteen minutes." Manik rubbed his nape as he got settled inside the backseat of his cab. He was sure that she would get mad for springing this on her without warning.

"What the hell, Manik? Why would you do that without asking me? I... I don't want this..." Nandini began by yelling at him but stuttered in the end. She would not admit to herself or anyone but she was actually scared more than anything. It was getting tougher with time for her to feel better about herself as a friend given everything that happened with Sameer and Jeanette and then everything that Aliya had said to her. She did not feel up for another confrontation that could result in losing a very dear person to her. Dhruv had been a constant in her life and they were always each other's one person they could always count on. She was afraid she did not have it in her to lose another thing like this again.

"Suck it up, Murthy! We both know that you need to do this. I am sorry that I fixed it up without checking with you but as your boyfriend I am also not sorry for doing this. Now, buck up and talk to him about everything you need to and end this misery for yourself." Manik pushed his luck and said in a very domineering tone which she usually never dismisses.

"I hate it when you call me 'Murthy'..." Nandini mumbled to him and conveniently refraining from responding to the other things in his speech.

"Well, you should've told me that before. I would have called you 'Murthy' more often then..." Manik said with a teasing glint in his eyes to which she simply rolled her eyes.