Book 5: Civil Wars

Start from the beginning

Roku: Oh boy.

Kya: Uhh, I think your memory's a little foggy. Bumi and I weren't on those great vacations. It was always just you and Dad.

Tenzin: No, that can't be right. What about the time he took us to Kyoshi Island to ride the elephant koi?

Kya: Nope, we weren't there.

Tenzin: Hmm. Oh, remember Ember Island? Those amazing sand palaces we built on the beach.

Bumi: You mean, you built? We never saw the place.

Tenzin: I could've sworn.

Kya: Uncle Lü was the one who took us on amazing adventures while you and dad left us for broke.

Jinora and Meelo arrive at the scene on air scooters. Poki flies and lands on Meelo's head when both siblings land on solid ground.

Bumi: Morning, kids!

Jinora and Meelo run to their uncle.

Meelo: Morning, Uncle Bumi! Do you have a baby in there?

Roku, Kya, Tenzin and Pema laugh.

Roku: Where's your sister?

Jinora: Who?

Pema: Ikki. About this tall. Talks real fast. I'm sure you know her.

Jinora: Uhh...

Meelo: There was a lemur fight, but the bison told us not to worry because a giant was coming. Then we almost got eaten by a shark-squid!

Bumi: The shark-squid? He's here? It appears my old nemesis has found me.

Pema: Jinora, were you and Meelo teasing your sister again?

Jinora: I don't know. Maybe. Yes.

Meelo: She ran away.

Pema: Honestly, I don't know why you kids can't just get along!

Tenzin: It's all right, dear, Ikki couldn't have gone far., I'll find her.

Bumi: Commander Bumi reporting for duty! Search-and-rescue missions are my specialty.

Kya runs forward and holds her brothers' shoulders as Roku got in the middle pulling them all together with a smile.

Kya: What do you say we all go together?

Roku: It'll be just like the good old days.

Tenzin: Sure, I could use the help.

Bumi: When I get back, we'll come out with a plan to take down that shark-squid once and for all!

Meelo: Yeah!

Cut back to the outskirts of Wolf Cove, followed by the interior of Tonraq's house where Ryu was shown sleeping shirtless and a towel on his head. He gently opens his eyes and see there is a meeting.

Tonraq: Thank you for coming, everyone. I know these last few days have been very troubling.

The entire group looks at Varrick.

Varrick: Troubling? Troubling is when I get that itchy rash that won't go away, and Zhu Li's not around to scratch it. This is shocking.

He stands straight and drops cookies off plate before tossing the plate to the floor.

Varrick: Nay, sickening! But these kale cookies? Opposite. Remind me to get the recipe later.

Zhu Li nods.

Tonraq: What's your point, Varrick?

Varrick: My point is, Unalaq's already booted our chieftains out of their palace. How long before he starts telling us what kind of cookies we can eat?