part 9

"Don't you think the way the projector suddenly let out the words is creepy?" Komiya whispered to his friends.

Ishizaki shook his head. "There's no use thinking about it now. Ryuuen-san will get mad at us if we're too loud."

It was hot and humid after class. I passed over the special building, where the incident had taken place. It wasn't like a murder case where the area needed to be closed off to prevent people from contaminating the crime scene. It really didn't look any different than usual. I did not see any indication that the facilities in this building were used frequently, such as the special classrooms, the home economics room, the audiovisual room, etc. This would have been an ideal place to call Sudou.

"It's so hot..."

This heat was abnormal. This was probably what summer at school should feel like, but at least he had imagined that inside the building it would be somewhat comfortable, the cool air balancing the heat. I guess I had gotten too used to air-conditioned buildings. I felt even hotter because of that gap in expectation. The air conditioning was probably on during school hours in the special building, but it certainly wasn't now.

"Aren't you used to the heat, Ayanokoji-kun?" Ichinose asked him.

Ayanokoji tilted her head, "No. I'm used to air-conditioned buildings." Or should I say rooms?

"I think anyone would be hot, especially in that heat." Shinohara chuckled.

"Just thinking about it makes me

sweat.” Karuizawa grumbled.

"Sorry for bringing you here."

Horikita, who was standing next to me, simply looked around the hall. She didn't seem to be sweating at all.

"¿Horikita-san?"

"Is she helping Sudo-kun's case?" Hasabe asked no one in particular.

"She went to the first and second tests, remember? Sudo-kun told the class." Miyake told him. Fortunately, it wasn't a punching bag.

"Oh yeah, I forgot."

"I never doubted you for a second."

"You've really changed, haven't you? It's strange that you've stuck your neck out in this case. The witness has already been found, and we've confirmed that there's nothing left to do. What are you trying to do?" do?" she asked.

"Sudou was the first friend I made here. I want to help him."

"Oh, how sweet of you, Ayanokoji-kun. Helping out your friend and all. I hope I can find a friend like you." Sakayanagi smiled at him. Bright eyes, knowing his true nature.

"It's just to help out a friend in need, isn't it? I wanted to help clear Sudo's name, that's all." Ayanokoji did not respond to the other underlying meaning of her comment.

Class B and Ichinose smiled at Ayanokoji's consideration of helping her friend.

"Do you think there is a way to prove his innocence?"

"I'm not so sure. I really can't say yet. I decided to take the initiative on my own, since I'm not very good at interacting with Hirata, Kushida, or large groups of people. Being social is definitely not my thing." strong. I thought everyone would make me run around the school or classroom today, so

I decided to run away. I like to avoid trouble, remember?

"But isn't sticking your neck in that kind of situation only going to attract more attention?" Rika muttered.