Lan Wangji got shivers all over. What Wei Ying was insinuating was against his principles. But he had long broken some rules for this guy and they all felt right. He didn't want to miss out on the most important one because of something he would eventually throw away when they get married. Comporting himself, Lan Wangji responded with a deep "Mn."

***

The intervarsity games were finally here and the campus was choked with students in different uniforms. Representing their schools was not the only great thing that came out of this. They met old friends and made new ones. 

Smaller events such as cooking and cycling competitions kicked everything off with a beautiful start. On the second day, the track events took place. It would go through to the next day as there were many levels to win. 

Students mingled at night in supervised celebrations. Well, the athletes and competitors were exempted. The biggest university in Gusu was packed with activities.

Wei Ying spent the night nagging Lan Wangji to death. "Tomorrow is our big day. Are you well rested?"

"I will be; if you let me sleep." Lan Wangji had already turned off the bedside lamp, rubbing his poor eyes. 

"Right but, do you need anything? A massage, an extra pillow. You'll be performing in front of thousands, Lan Zhan. Are you nervous in any way? I know I am."

"Wei Ying you are lightyears away," said Lan Wangji.

"I can drive to you at the speed of light." Wei Ying was feeling the pressure. What if Lan Wangji could not overcome his fears, what if the swim team fails horribly because of his selfishness? 

"I am fine. I will pick you up at seven. Go to sleep." Lan Wangji hangs up to save both of them time. 

"Easy for you to say." Wei Ying threw his phone behind him to vent. He was so tense he failed to notice the sleep poking his eyes. By the time he opened them, the sun was out. "Fuck!" Wei Ying rolled over. He did his morning rituals and got dressed.

By some superpower, all that tension evaporated when Lan Wangji stepped out of the car. "Are you ready?

"Let's go kick some asses." Wei Yings switched faces instantly. 

Jiang Cheng and Yanli barely got a 'good morning- goodbye' out of the two. "Did they not see us?" Jiang Cheng turned to his sister. "Are we invincible?"

"Hehe. I can't wait to see you share such moments with Lan Xichen," Yanli was hopeful. 

"In your dreams, Jie." Jiang Cheng walked briskly past Yanli, kicking her out of the way with his hip. Yanli could not fight the wind that came with that force and landed in the hedge nearby. Lan Xichen rushed to her aid while her brother stuck out his tongue to mock her. 

The crew had to be in many places at once. Xue Yang and Wen Ning were almost done with the track race events, Wen Qing had to finish wrestling, and Lan Wangji and Jiang Cheng were swimming. Luckily only two of the games crashed; the track event and the wrestling match. 

Wei Ying and Huaisang watched the race while Yanli and Jiang Cheng filled in for wrestling. Afterwards, they all met up to support Jiang Cheng and Lan Wangji. 

It was an exceptionally good day. Jiang Cheng had lined up his team, saving the best for last.  Many could not believe their eyes when Lan Wangji went up the plank. It did ruffle up their opponents. Before he takes his position, Wangji chimes in his head, trying to tune out the fact that he was standing before a crowd with barely any clothes on. His throat suddenly goes dry and he begins to have doubts. When he lifts his head to slip on his goggles he sees a huge banner with the words, 'Make Your Future Wifie Proud, Lan Zhan!' embolden on it.