A Familiar Face

Mr. Aizawa, followed by Izuku and some medical professionals, brung Tanjiro safely to a hospital. He layed on a stiff mattress, covered by the polyester sheets that the hospital provided. Tanjiro was left alone in the colorless room, while just outside the door Izuku was frantically explaining what had happened. The sounds of his voice were muffled to Tanjiro, he was exhausted but his thoughts kept him awake. He didn't know how to process the information Shuichi gave him.

Izuku opened the door and walked to Tanjiro's bedside, "I understand if you don't want to talk about it, because that was a lot to take in... but eventually it would be nice if you explained a little more to me on how these blood demon art things work."

Tanjiro tilted his head to face Izuku, "Certain demons have certain abilities that are unique to them... it's how they attack..."

"Oh I see. So, I guess it's sort of like demons have quirks..?" Izuku asked.

"I guess you could look at it that way..." Tanjiro responded. "I get the feeling that Shuichi's blood demon art has something to do with time, since he brought me here."

"Do you think it could be the portal thing that he went into?"

"Possibly.." Tanjiro closed his eyes, yet his fatigue caused his eyelids to feel dry and uncomfortable. So he opened them again.

Just then, the threat that Shuichi had told them made an appearance in Tanjiro's mind. "Did you just tell Mr. Aizawa and the medical people about him..?" He asked Izuku.

"Yeah, somewhat, why?"

"Oh no.." Tanjiro reminded his friend of what the demon had said, "Izuku, do remember what Shuichi told us would happen if we told anyone else..?"

For a moment, Izuku looked around the room, trying to remember. Then, in realization, he panicked, "Oh no.. did I put Mr. Aizawa in danger?"

"Possibly, but you shouldn't worry about it too much." Tanjiro layed his head farther back into his pillow, "Just don't tell anyone else, okay?"

"I won't! I promise!" Izuku bowed his head.

Tanjiro closed his eyes and smiled. Izuku was the only one he had now. If Tanjiro was going to die from this demon, he decided that it would be from protecting him. Tanjiro knew he had to find a way to stop Shuichi, but all he could think about is how this demon was able to kill Kibutsuji and all the Hashira. It seemed like an impossible task. But he refused to give up. There had to be a way.

"I know you're probably just as tired as I am," Izuku streched out his arms while yawning, "so I'm going to head back to the dorms. You'll be alright?"

"Yeah, thanks Izuku." Tanjiro replied with a soft smile.

"Okay," Izuku smiled before walking out of the room. Once his footsteps were gone, the silence of the night remained in the hospital room. Despite his overwhelming emotions, Tanjiro closed his eyes to sleep.

~{Timeskip}~

Tanjiro was greeted in the morning by some medical professionals, "Good morning Kamado! You're all healed and ready to go."

Already? Tanjiro was surprised about how fast his body has healed from the attacks of Shuichi. Perhaps someone had a healing quirk.

Tanjiro took a step out of bed, he felt a little uneasy but there was no pain anymore. After thanking the medical people, Tanjiro made his way out of the building. Izuku was waiting for him outside. "Hi Tanjiro, are you feeling better?"

"Yes, very much." Tanjiro smiled.

"Well, it's Saturday, so no school." Izuku said, looking a little disappointed. "But I guess that means we can find out more about that demon guy."

"Right." Tanjiro walked with Izuku to the place where Tanjiro was attacked. "It feels a lot different when it's light out." Izuku said.

"Yeah, no scent of any demons either." Tanjiro turned towards Izuku, "Are we allowed in the school even though it's not in session?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Well, I think it would be a good idea if I always had access to my katana. That way, when Shuichi comes back I'll have a way to fight." Tanjiro looked in the direction of the tall UA building, that was glimmering in the morning sun.

"Well, that is a pretty smart idea. Though if we go into the building on a Saturday, we'd most likely be asked a lot of questions. Considering the threat that the demon said, we probably wouldn't be able to answer any. So if we go into the building unannounced, it'll seem like we're trespassing. But we wouldn't be trespassing if we're students right? No, it's after school hours. I don't think we'd be allowed to. But since it'd technically be for hero purposes, maybe..." Izuku started muttering to himself about the issue.

"Um, I think you're kinda overthinking this." Tanjiro said.

"Haha, right sorry," Izuku scratched the back of his head, "let's go and check if we're allowed in."

Tanjiro smiled and nodded, then the two of them started walking in the direction of UA. Birds were chirping, and sticks crunched beneath their feet as they made their way under the trees. Then, all of a sudden, there was a flash of light in the distance. It was blue, the same shade of blue from the portal before. In the direction of the flash of light, Tanjiro and Izuku heard laughing. Laughing that was very familiar to Tanjiro.

"HAHAHAHA TAKE THAT YOU STUPID GLOWING THINGY!!"

"Did you hear that?" Izuku asked as he stopped walking.

Tanjiro stopped walking as well, but he didn't respond. He only stood and stared in that direction. Tears made his eyes glossy, because that voice was a voice he feared he would never hear again.

"You ok?" Izuku asked.

Instead of responding, Tanjiro started running in the direction the voice was coming from.

"Huh? Hey, wait for me!" Izuku ran after him. Tanjiro frantically looked around for his friend. Then, he picked up the scent. The scent of a human, and of a boar. But before Tanjiro could pinpoint his exact location, his friend showed up behind him and hit him in the back with a headbutt. "Hey! I didn't think I would see you here Monjiro!!"

Tanjiro turned around. Seeing his friend, alive, made him cry tears of joy. When Izuku caught up to him, he was confused. "Who is that..? Why does he have a boar head..?"

Tanjiro's friend turned towards Izuku and pointed at him, "DON'T TALK DOWN TO ME! I'M YOUR SAVIOR, THE GREAT AND POWERFUL LORD INOSUKE!!"