1•Cultivator in a Foreign World•1

Start from the beginning

  Before the Sect Leader could finish his sentence, two consecutive lightning strikes suddenly came out of nowhere. Hitting the youth straight on. 

  "Shilian!"

  "Senior Brother!"

  "Martial Uncle⁴!" 

  Voices came from all around, filled with horror and worry. But none of this was heard by Li Shilian. He just instinctively closed his eyes due to the sudden bright light. It took him a while to register what happened on his mind.

  But by the time he opened his eyes again, he was no longer in the world he was previously at.

~

  Trees, trees, and more trees.

  That's what greeted Shilian as soon as he opened his eyes.

  Although the Heavenly Dao Sect was surrounded by mountain, Li Shilian could tell immediately that he was not in their Sect ground. Groaning to himself, Li Shilian sat up despite the terrible headache he was currently feeling.

  'Where is this?'

  The Sect ground, or the territory of the Heavenly Dao Sect was protected by a spiritual array. But this place didn't have any spiritual fluctuations that signified the presence of the array. 

  In fact, Li Shilian couldn't sense any spiritual energy or Qi at all. Instead, he could feel a weird energy in the air. It was similar yet different to the Qi he was familiar with.

  "Did Master banished me? Or maybe I was actually expelled from the Sect? No, Master won't do that. They knew the Li Clan wouldn't stand it if the heir was banished." 

  The youth clutched his aching head with both of his hands. Countless hypothesis was running in his mind. In the end, he sat in a lotus positionwhile reciting the Heart Cleansing Scripture inside his mind.

  It took Li Shilian a few seconds to gather his thoughts and bearing. He heaved a deep sigh, his mind as clear as fresh spring water and as calm as a still lake. 

  Having calmed his mind, Li Shilian began to study his surroundings more intently.

  He was in some kind of forest surrounded by the Aura of Death and some kind of weird energy. Li Shilian was actually more interested to that weird energy than his current location.

  "This... energy... It feels similar to Qi yet different. How fascinating."

  Being the only child of a rich family, Li Shilian grew up surrounded with different unique and exotic things and animals. So, he built an interest on studying them. New knowledge fascinated him, which was what made him a renowned scholar at a young age.

  Now, being surrounded by this new kind of energy, Li Shilian was extremely excited. He wanted to study it more in depth.

  Although there was no Qi in his surroundings, Li Shilian didn't have any problem circulating the Qi on his core. So casting a Spiritual technique or using his sword art, or even his artifacts and talismans, wouldn't be a problem.

  So, safety wasn't Li Shilian's biggest concern. He was a prodigal cultivator, a fight or two was nothing for him.

  Since that was the case, Li Shilian decided to take his time and study this place he was currently in. He might even find out where he was and how he get here along the way.

  Li Shilian chose a random direction to start his journey with as he started to walk. And the more he walked, the more he felt in awe.

  "So this weird energy is the substitute of Qi in this world."