twenty four | midnight

Start from the beginning

The Doctor replied, "Oh, I can't wait. Allons-y."

Then the hostess turned to him and said, "I'm sorry?"

The Doctor told her, "It's French for 'let's go'."

With a mere shake of her head, the hostess said to him, "Fascinating." Then she turned her attention over towards a man and woman that went to sit behind the Doctor and Annabelle and said to them, "Headphones for channels one to thirty-six..."

The man wearing glasses said to the hostess, "No, thank you. Not for us."

Then the woman sitting beside him said, "Earplugs, please. Thank you."

While the woman went to sit back down into her chair, the man said, "They call it the sapphire waterfall, but it's no such thing. Sapphire's an aluminum oxide, but the glacier is just a compound silicon with iron pigmentation."

While Annabelle reached into one of her pockets and pulled out a folded piece of paper, the man leaned forward in his seat and said to the Doctor, "Hobbes. Professor Winfold Hobbes."

In turn, the Doctor said to him, "I'm the Doctor. Hello. And this is my, uh, friend Annabelle Mikaelson."

As he shook the Doctor's hand, Professor Hobbes told him, "It's my fourteenth time."

As he leaned back into his own seat, the Doctor said to him, "Oh, our first."

Then the woman sitting directly behind the Doctor stood up and said, "And I'm Dee Dee. Dee Dee Blasco."

After the Doctor and Dee Dee had shaken their hands, Professor Hobbes said to Dee Dee, "Don't bother the man." While the two of them went to sit back down into their chairs, he asked Dee Dee, "Where's my water bottle?"

While Annabelle unfolded the piece of paper and then eventually stared down at the picture that a vampire that she'd compelled had taken of her twin brother back in the year 1914, the hostess made her way back over towards the front of the vehicle as she said to them, "Ladies and gentlemen and variations thereupon, welcome on board the Crusader 50. If you would fasten your seatbelts, we'll be leaving any moment." Then– with a turn of her head– she said, "Doors."

After a beeping was heard, the hostess said, "Shields down." After the shields had in fact gone down, the hostess told them, "I'm afraid the view is shielded until we reach the Waterfall Palace. Also, a reminder. Midnight has no air, so please don't touch the exterior door seals. Fire exit at the rear and should we need to use it, you first. Now I will hand you over to Driver Joe."

It wasn't long afterwards that everyone– excluding Annabelle– could hear a voice saying over the intercom, "Driver Joe at the wheel. There's been a diamond fall at the Winter Witch Canyon, so we'll be taking a slight detour, as you'll see on the map. The journey covers five-hundred kliks to the multifaceted coast. Duration is estimated at four hours. Thank you for traveling with us and, as they used to say in the olden days, 'Wagons roll'."

Then the hostess told them, "For your entertainment, we have the music channel playing retrovids of Earth classics. Also, the latest artistic installation from Ludovic Klein. Plus for the youngsters, a rare treat. The animation archives. Four hours of fun time. Enjoy."

After turning his head, looking around himself and taking it upon himself to glance over at Annabelle and seeing the sleep mask that she was now using to cover her eyes, the Doctor carefully took out his sonic screwdriver and pointed it in the direction of the screens, which resulted in the music and all of the noise and flashing lights to come to an abrupt halt before they raised back up and were hidden from each of the passengers in the vehicle.

With a mere turn of his head, Professor Hobbe said, "Well, that's a mercy."

As she quickly made her way back over towards the front, the hostess said to them, "Uh, I do apologize, ladies and gentlemen and variations thereupon. We seem to have had a failure of the entertainment system."