8: You Should Heal

Start from the beginning

"Holland Braithwaite... She could've done it."

"Okay. She fell out with Elite because of Shinobi. She had a past sexual relationship with him. It's not enough to want him and his new girlfriend dead. Plus, she's willing to go on the stand and testify against Elite."

"Obasi Mustapha is a big one. He has the means to hire someone to do this. There's been plenty rumors of him being dirty. You don't get that type of wealth being clean."

"The motive is murky though. Why want Shinobi dead because you exchanged words a few times? He has a lot to lose. I doubt a cinematographer is worth it to him."

"His son, Ahmet. Elite's ex. He has motive. Him and Shinobi had major issues. He thought Elite would get back with him. Instead, she chose Shinobi over him. He could really be the jealous, stalker ex and not Elite."

"We wouldn't even be able to bring him in and arrest him if he did it, which I doubt it. No one knows where he is."

Matthew sighs. "Fabian Wayne. A known gang member and childhood friend of Elite. He had a lengthy record. He lived across the street from Elite. He got into several disputes with Shinobi. There's a police report of Fabian threatening him."

"We brought him in for questioning. He had an alibi... Matthew, you need to trust your work. We have the right person," the prosecutor assures him.

Another investigator walks in getting their attention. "You all are on the Emerson case?"

"Yeah."

"Elite just made bond. They're processing her out right now."

"You've got to be kidding me! Since when did a double murder case get bond? And since when isn't it in the millions to the point it's unpayable?" Matthew paces with his hands on his hips. All he's thinking about is the fact he's missed his window to get a real confession. "Who paid it? Who's on the paperwork?"

"It's a Braithwaite. I'd assume it's not Judge Rhys," he mentions Holland and Supreme's father. "That would be a conflict of interest. It's not her lawyer either. Maybe the wife."

"I'm not so sure about Holland going on the stand for us at trial. Why is her family helping Elite?" The prosecutor asks. "From talking to Holland, there's no salvaging their friendship. Shouldn't her family cut ties too?"

Matthew rubs over his face. "There's something more to this. I knew her having these connections would kick us in the ass. Set up a press conference since we never did one after the arrest."

It's a sunny day and the residence sitting in the Crenshaw District of South Central Los Angeles is filled with music

It's a sunny day and the residence sitting in the Crenshaw District of South Central Los Angeles is filled with music. The only proper way for Elite to get ready is to have something ratchet playing. Her song of choice today is Sexy Walk by Sexyy Red. In contrast she's getting ready for a classy event hosted by the hated, yet beloved, Obasi.