𝖑𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖒𝖎 𝖆𝖒𝖔𝖗, 𝖒𝖎 𝖛𝖎𝖉𝖆

Start from the beginning

Hades smiles sleepily at her. "The tossing and turning was a bit of a hint."

"I'm so sorry." She apologises sheepishly, smooshing her face into the pillow.

Hades just chuckles and shuffles closer to her. "What's up, buttercup?" Persephone just groans into the pillow, refusing to remove her face. Hades pokes at her sides which makes her squirm and wriggle.

Eventually, Persephone huffs and flops onto her back so she can stare at the ceiling. "I'm just... I don't know... I nearly lost you today. It scared me. I've forgotten how I ever went through life without you. It's like you've always been there. And when I thought I would have to learn to live without you..." She trails off, beginning to choke up as she turns her head away from Hades to wipe a tear off her cheek.

"Come with me." Hades suddenly demands, standing up from the bed and holding out his hand to her. She stares at the invitation quzzically.

"I don't know..." She teases. "We don't have a very good track record when it comes to sneaking out after curfew."

"I promise this adventure will not put you in any danger." He assures, wiggling his fingers at her to make this late night trip seem more enticing.

Persephone sighs with a dreamy smile before giving in and placing her hand in his. "This would be the first time." Hades leads Persephone down the stairs of her loft, sneaks past the two girls passed out on their beds and down the corridor away from the dorm. He pulls her along to a very familiar trap door with a very rickety ladder leading up to it. Hades lets Persephone head up first so he can hold the ladder and make sure it doesn't wobble too much before he follows behind.

The gentle evening breeze nips at Persephone's skin as she strolls through her rooftop paradise. Brushing her fingers along the plants and smelling the sweet flowery scents brings her a feeling of peace which is only intensified by Hades joining her. Now this place feels like home. She perches on the cool stone ledge, looking out at the expanse below.

"It's been a dramatic few months." Persephone comments, thinking back on everything that has happened.

"I bet you've lamented the day we showed up and ruined the peace, huh?" Hades chuckles weakly, feeling guilty about all the danger he's put her through.

Persephone shakes her head passionately. "Never. My life changed for the better that day." She assures him, watching a gentle blush appear on his cheeks to match the dopey grin he now sports. He looks down at the ground and shuffles his feet nervously under her angelic gaze. "Hades?"

"Hmm?" He glances up to see that she is now the one who avoids eye contact.

Persephone fiddles with her fingers as she fumbles for the right words to say. "Do you... remember anything that I said to you when you were... you know... dying?"

Hades stays silent as he ponders her words. "You said quite a few things, if I recall correctly. You'll have to be more specific there, buttercup." The smirk on his face lets her know that he is teasing her. He knows exactly what she is referring to but is waiting for her to say it outloud. Persephone's cheeks burn at the nickname but she refuses to give in to his taunting, so Hades continues. "Was it a little phrase that maybe begins with 'I', ends in 'you' and has the word 'love' in the middle?"

Persephone doesn't reply, feeling embarrassed and regretting she even brought the topic up. With the future of Nevermore so unclear, Persephone needed to clarify everything before they were possibly separated. She hated the question 'What if...?', so she decided to tackle the subject head on. She turns away from the boy to hide her face, which immediately makes his expression drop.

"I just..." She takes a deep breath in as she prepares herself. "I wanted you to know that it wasn't a spur of the moment. I didn't even know if you could hear me very well because you were a little occupied at the time but..." She raises her head to make eye contact with him. "I meant every word." Hades' breath hitches in his throat and an overwhelming feeling of joy floods his entire body. Persephone stands up and slowly walks over to stand in front of him. She places a hand on his cheek as she stares up into his eyes and whispers, "I love you, Hades Addams."

"Me?" He mutters, shocked that she could ever find herself capable of loving someone like him.

"You." She confirms, beaming smile on her face. Hades is sure he can see little hearts shine in her eyes. "It will always be you. If I had the choice between you and a million things I've always wanted, I would choose you every time. I love you."

Tears spring to Hades' eyes and he cups Persephone's cheeks as he murmurs, "Say it again, please."

"I love you."

"Again."

"I love-"

"I love you too... Cara Mía." Hades whispers, before his instincts take over as he closes the gap to place his lips on hers. He couldn't stand the distance between them anymore. He's been waiting to do this for too long. Persephone is shocked by the sudden move, but soon realises how right it feels. She never wants this feeling to end. Before she can return the kiss Hades pulls away abruptly. "I'm so sorry. Fuck. I'm so stupid. I should've asked first."

His rambling is cut off by Persephone standing on the tips of her toes to reach his height and plant a gentle kiss on his lips. This action leaves him speechless. "I guess I found the best way to shut you up." She giggles, watching his surprise quickly morph into a lovesick grin. With no hesitation, he leans down to recapture her lips passionately. Neither of the pair can keep the smiles off their face as one of Hades' hands finds its home on the small of her back, pulling her closer than ever. They couldn't get enough of each other.

For Hades, she was the first drop of water in a scorching desert. His saviour. His reason for living. His will to survive. He is a selfish man and intends to keep her for himself. No one else shall take her away from him. Her touch soothes the pain in him.

For Persephone, he was the first sight of home after a long trip away. That sense of belonging. The feeling of seeing the whole planet and knowing there's only one place you'd rather be. He was her soft spot, her Achilles Heel. Something she could never resist. But she wouldn't have it any other way.

As Persephone tries to pull away for some air, Hades chases her lips, not wanting to be apart. Persephone giggles as he pouts at the separation. "I need to breathe at some point, Mon Cher."

"Loving you is like breathing." He whispers back huskily, their lips still touching as they speak. "How could I possibly stop? And why would I want to?" Then he dives back in to devour her, worshipping her like the goddess she is. He only pulls away between quick pecks to whisper, "Mi amor."

As Hades leaves small kisses on every possible inch of her face, Persephone takes the chance to respond, "Mi vida." He ends his onslaught of love with one final long kiss on her lips, savouring every moment.

"I'll give you the world." He vows, lips still lingering on hers. "The moon. The fucking stars. Anything you want, it's yours."

She stares into his dark eyes, shining like obsidian among diamonds. "I only want you." She replies, smiling softly. Hades sports a grin that would rival the cheshire cat as he admires his girl. Happily, he lifts her up and allows her to wrap her legs around his waist for grip. Then he twirls around, whooping excitedly into the silent night sky with Persephone's loud laugh for accompaniment. Hades brings them to a stop as Persephone lays her head on his shoulder. They stare out across the grounds of Nevermore together. They are alive and they are in love. Suck on that, Laurel Gates!

 Suck on that, Laurel Gates!