𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖘𝖎𝖝 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗

Hades and Persephone approach the lake where Wednesday and Pugsley are currently fishing

Hades and Persephone approach the lake where Wednesday and Pugsley are currently fishing. Wednesday had found them earlier in her search for her little brother and they had pointed her in the right direction. A loud explosion disturbs the peaceful surroundings.

"Let me guess," Persephone sighs. "The Addams version of fishing involves explosives, doesn't it?"

"It's a very effective method." Hades nods with a smirk. "Grenades are our preference, of course."

"I wouldn't dream of using anything else. Who needs fishing rods and bait, anyways?" She jokes, walking ahead of him to reach the rest of the Addams siblings.

"Hey, Weds!" Hades shouts, successfully getting his sister's attention as she turns to face the pair. "While you were catching fish, we found where Mother is hiding."

Muttering a quick farewell to Pugsley, Wednesday hurries to Hades and Persephone. "Show me."

◇ ◇ ◇

Descending the stairs to the Nightshades library, they not only find Morticia, they also find Belladonna.

"Hello, Mother." Wednesday greets, her voice echoing in the enclosed space. The two women turn to see their children lingering on the stairs.

"Hello, Wednesday. Hades." Morticia responds, smiling at both of her children. "So you're both Nightshades. That didn't take long."

"Actually, we rejected them." Hades informs, hand clutching Persephone's. "We all did."

"Why? Because I was a member?" Morticia asks bitterly.

"I mean, they kidnapped us and tied our hands. It wasn't really a warm welcome." Persephone mumbles, not a fan of her experience with the supposedly exclusive society.

"I'll never live up to your legacy here," Wednesday explains to her mother, finally having the conversation that they've been needing to have for ages. "So why try? I win the Poe Cup, you claimed it four times. I join the fencing team, you captained it. Why would you send me somewhere where I could only ever exist in your shadow?"

"It's not a competition, Wednesday." Morticia reasons.

"Everything is a competition, Mother." Wednesday retorts, gaze lowering to the ground.

"But mostly we rejected them because they're a trivial social club." Hades reveals.

Belladonna sighs, "We used to be so much more." It pains her to see how far the group had fallen and how much they had strayed from their original purpose. "Our mission was to protect outcasts from harm and bigotry."

"In fact," Morticia chimes in proudly. "The group was started by an ancestor of your father's from Mexico. One of the first settlers in America."

"Goody." Wednesday notices, eyes wide in surprise as Morticia's face falls. "I saw her painting at Pilgrim World."